What are these?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
These were dumped on our road a few days ago and I picked them up. I've been racking my brain trying to remember what they are called and used for. Seems like I remember them as a kid being used to tow a car.....? Any help jarring my memory?

Alan, a lot of the old boom type wreckers had them, I am assuming to put under the trailing axle of an immobile vehicle. Not many around now since roll offs got popular.

Cabo":qqauy4r0 said:
Alan, a lot of the old boom type wreckers had them, I am assuming to put under the trailing axle of an immobile vehicle. Not many around now since roll offs got popular.

there still used here for some repos

fenceman":1damkve6 said:
Those didn't get dumped they got lost. You can probably find were they belong easy enough.
Right! New driver forgot to lock them down. Either that or somebody car got drug in...

Well there was one on each side of the road, but right at the same spot in the road, lost or dumped? I will try to find the owner of these with a Craigslist ad, "will the owner of these lost items please form a double line starting at my mail box?" :lol: not sure what to do with them, don't know if they have any value.....?

Repo start up nah, unless one of the cable channels wants to sponsor me.

Alan":1ele0qa2 said:
Well there was one on each side of the road, but right at the same spot in the road, lost or dumped? I will try to find the owner of these with a Craigslist ad, "will the owner of these lost items please form a double line starting at my mail box?" :lol: not sure what to do with them, don't know if they have any value.....?

Repo start up nah, unless one of the cable channels wants to sponsor me.

I would not do the Craig's list thing. I would report it to my local police station. By phone. We only have two police officers I guess that does simplify it. If nobody claims em in a month. You've done your dues diligence and their yours

They are called Tow Dollies.

Write a creative Craigslist Ad.

"If you drive a tow truck and lost a couple of somethings, contact me. (Craigslist hidden E-mail system)

It's a hard business with little profits. Kind of like ranching/farming.

I agree... don't say what they are in a craigslist ad.. too many people will say it belongs to them.. ask for when/where they were lost.. if a guy can get pretty close to answering that they're probably his...

In return, I'd ask for a complementary tow if you need one someday.. I know if I was the tow truck driver I'd gladly do that.