What Angus Sire to use on older angus genetics

Help Support CattleToday:

Brangusjoe

Reaction score
Need help as I am not an Angus Breeder, but bought some older donor cattle. Daughters of Pow Conanga 677, Gar ext 2114, Rita 2536 and Ideal 4465 of 6807 4286 and rita 8866 an Ext 614 daughter. Older sires like own daughter of DhD traveler 6807. Would you use power bulls like Resource ? Or new bulls like Innovation, Allied , Sure Fire, Rainfall? Or older bulls like Net Worth , Consensus 7229, Bismark or Sitz Upward? Thank you in advance for advice!

Thanks! Flushing these Angus cows to Angus and Brangus second flush to create UltraBlacks. Keeping all Angus heifers so breeding for retained heifers and selling bulls or keeping better to breed back on Brangus. They are thick and moderate cows that need power. I am using curvebenders and Resource on Brangus. Problem is the IBBA will not accept certain Angus bulls ( without progeny in system) without cutting numbers in half or lower. Example: Cowboy Up is probably a 3 + BW and 140 something YW. In the Brangus Association Cowboy Up has a -1.9 BW and a 19 YW. So a smaller Breeder cannot use new Angus genetics to improve herd, or on paper, anyway. Brangus breeders are using Resource grandsons, so it keeps you behind the competition..

If you just want Angus females with these type cows id look at Boss 16650219, great females, probably not gonna be able to sale bulls out of him, not huge numbers. Boss was the best sire group to me at the Sinclair dispersal.

Latest posts