What an idiot

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Guy camped out on some land he bought. Had to go to the bathroom and instead of burying the toilet paper he decided to follow the Good Enviro handbook and burn it. You would think that being under Stage 2 Fire restrictions, no burning, smoking only in a vehicle he would have used his head instead of the other end. To make matters even more fun he did it in CRP. :shock: :shock:
At last report, be more exact at 5:30pm a total of 2353 acres had gone up in smoke. There were several evacuations, 7 homes threatened, 1 chopper, 1 single seat fire plane, and as near as I can figure there might have been close to 75 people on this fire. Make matters more fun it jumped the highway and several of us got dirty looks for telling people they couldn't drive through there. :p
I couldn't keep track of the private owner tanker trucks and I didn't even try to count the number of trucks from the numerous fire dept. and companies.
Thank God for the farmers and ranchers. Without them it would have jumped the highway again and then we would have been in real trouble.
Sure hope the guy has good insurance. I wouldn't want that bill. This started at about 12:30pm.
Husband is going to get some pics of the whole thing.

I expect his reception will be a little chilled down at the C-store. Good grief. You might be able to pick up his piece of ground pretty cheap here in a couple weeks -- a fire sale.

Just don't send him to the Black Hills or SE Wyoming, please!

It is out for the moment. Hubby said there looked to be maybe 6 trucks still there. It was moving fast Jo. The flame front that ran pst me and my guy was only 8'-12' high.
Chilly? No down right hostile would be a better description. He might want to think about selling out and going back to Alaska where he came from.
I've never been scared on a fire, but this one scared the living daylights out of me.

Makes me wonder what he had been eating to cause his TP to cause such a blaze! :D

Been a terrible fireyear-lots of spring rain gave us high and good cover of grass- then no rain since June has dried everything out... If we don't get some rain soon its going to get worse with all the hunting seasons now opening... :roll:

Schweitzer optimistic session will be speedy
By PETER JOHNSON
Tribune Staff Writer

With wildfires charring nearly 600,000 acres of Montana, Gov. Brian Schweitzer is calling the Legislature into a special session Wednesday to allocate about $60 million more from the state's budget surplus to pay the bills for firefighting and other emergencies over the next two years.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/p ... 30302/1002

That fire has restarted twice more, including yesterday. Total of over 2800 acres has gone up in smoke. People are getting madder and madder.
Restarted at 3 am Sunday. Slept through the call. That'll teach me not to take a Bayer PM for a head ache. :lol:

How does somebody that dumb get his hands on the money to buy a place in MT?

Latest posts