WHAT AM I MISSING ?

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
It was my understanding that this Auto Bailout was to save the jobs of the auto worker. Our Government funded billions to save the jobs of auto workers and what happening. They plan to shut down assembly plants and lay off employees. They could do that without a penny of bailout money and filed for protection under some Bankruptcy laws. What good did the bail out money do.
Tom.

kerley":26f02ima said:
It was my understanding that this Auto Bailout was to save the jobs of the auto worker. Our Government funded billions to save the jobs of auto workers and what happening. They plan to shut down assembly plants and lay off employees. They could do that without a penny of bailout money and filed for protection under some Bankruptcy laws. What good did the bail out money do.
Tom.
made em delay the inevitable a couple month. might as well shoved it in a hogs ass, and hollard suuuuuooooooweeee

kerley":c0cqgayx said:
Tom.

Now Kerley. Them guys had to do all these layoffs so they could go back to congress and prove future profitability and ability to repay those loans. Now those loans is to save jobs. hmmm...sounds kinda like a dog chasing his tail don't it.

What we're missing is the extinction of the American auto worker. GM has it's hand out, and on the day that it delivers it's request for the money, says that they they are laying off 47,000 (I think that's what I heard) and closing 3 U.S. plants. Not the ones in Mexico, not the ones in Canada, U.S. plants. Before long, Toyota and Honda will be the only vehicles still made here!

I am thinking that if they need the bailout from the American Taxpayer, they should close the Mexico assembly plants and save an American Taxpayers job. Bail them out and save a job in Mexico. Is that just wrong?
Tom.

IGotMyWings":3um8i4au said:
What we're missing is the extinction of the American auto worker. GM has it's hand out, and on the day that it delivers it's request for the money, says that they they are laying off 47,000 (I think that's what I heard) and closing 3 U.S. plants. Not the ones in Mexico, not the ones in Canada, U.S. plants. Before long, Toyota and Honda will be the only vehicles still made here!

I think what we're missing here is that the plants in Mexico and South America don't have union workers. Don't think Honda or Toyota have union workers either. Don't know about Canada.

You simply can not pay someone $80/hour, many weeks vacation, free medical, etc in today's world and stay in business because the cost of your product would be so high no one could afford it. Same could be said about executives earning $40 million and up/year. Sure don't see any of those egocentric pric_s taking a cut in pay. God might deserve that kind of compensation but He walks on water - the execs take a dump just like you and me.

Jogeephus":11qush24 said:
Didn't this create a couple of high paying jobs for the car czars? As for the rest of it .... ?

I'm thinking the "car czar" position was eliminated. Not sure, but it think it was. They couldn't find an appointee who had paid taxes.

do you think they should have a drawing to fill the position from everyone who sends in their taxs

peg4x4":1r3889ph said:
do you think they should have a drawing to fill the position from everyone who sends in their taxs

Heck instead of sending you a notice of audit...just send you a notice that you have been appointed to a new gov't funded position.

peg4x4":2vt6if0n said:

Yes. That would be classic, and at least as good as we are doing now. One lucky person gets a good job directing the fate of Detroit. Everyone who submits a resume pays $1, like a lotto ticket. The winner gets drawn from a hat by a 6 yr old girl.

john250":2oa6o11n said:
Yes. That would be classic, and at least as good as we are doing now. One lucky person gets a good job directing the fate of Detroit. Everyone who submits a resume pays $1, like a lotto ticket. The winner gets drawn from a hat by a 6 yr old girl.

A girl named Shaneakquak Mo---Ah (Pronounced Modashah...the dash don't be silent". :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":21ru1l23 said:
john250":21ru1l23 said:

A girl named Shaneakquak Mo---Ah (Pronounced Modashah...the dash don't be silent". :lol: :lol:

She'll work. Can we call her Mo'?

john250":w57u8hln said:
TexasBred":w57u8hln said:
john250":w57u8hln said:

She'll work. Can we call her Mo'?

She probably prefers "---". its' easier to spell.

Latest posts