What Adhesive are You Using?

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Just like to know what adhesive your are going to use and why?
I've been using Sullivan's Formula 1 Adhesive, it holds pretty good not as good as Prime Time, or a tale adhesive, but work good for me.
What do you guys and gals think.

I use Prime Time first to get the hair set the way it needs to be. After it is set, I usually go over it with a bit of Tail Adhesive depending on the color of the calf. I hate the EZ comb stuff.

yea EZ comb ain't that great. I've seen lots of people use white touch-up and then spray over with black finisher or what ever color.

We use the white touch up on the blacks when we show them, but I don't do that on our Red Angus. I can never find a paint that matches their leg coloring, even when I've looked at hardware stores.

Bearing in mind the level of grooming here is different, I just use Doc Brannen's Grooming Adhesive. I found it really easy to use. Worked well and held well on body hair. I actually like Doc's stuff more than Sullivans. Works better for me. But again, I don't fit to the extent of US fitters.

Maybe I'll experiment with some of Brannen's other adhesives but at the moment the plain old grooming adhesive does the job.

Have you seen the new line being put out by Kirk Steirwalt? I'm thinking I might try that, he's got so much experience with the show industry, the stuff should be good.