What about family values?

Help Support CattleToday:

mystery74

Reaction score
I just found out today after numerous calls to the vet about health related problems, with my calves, that i have never encountered before, that my sister-in-law has been abusing my daughters 4H calves. Why? i just recently found her one calf with a metal wire through its eyelid and he was so calmly laying there for someone to help him. after the vet checked him out. my nephew stopped over with his mother because my nephew saw what happened and he was horrified. this b--ch, took a metal feed bucket and hit him in the head and the handle came out. how horrible is that, it just pisses me off, she has always been very hateful to my 12 year old daughter, and now her son is just entering the fair for the first year and we have better calves them him,(but we also pay more money for our calves) now i called the vet out because rat poison was found in another one of our calves feed buckets. I am just horrified and dont even know what to do? any suggestions? What ever happened to having a close family? i guess now a days its all about competition.

Aminal cruelty can be a sign of other types of abuse as well. It could be that she just does not have patience with animals. I hit a heifer on the head with the flat part of a shovel before when she followed me into the tack room, but I was cornered and I didn't care to get trampled on. The rat poison is another story. These could be warning signs and they could just be accidental and/or unrelated incidents. Best to get your facts straight before you go making accusations that can cause a rift in the family. Just keep an eye on the situation and see if she needs help. She could just be overwhelmed.

Keep us posted.

mystery74":n2h305fs said:
I just found out today after numerous calls to the vet about health related problems, with my calves, that i have never encountered before, that my sister-in-law has been abusing my daughters 4H calves. Why? i just recently found her one calf with a metal wire through its eyelid and he was so calmly laying there for someone to help him. after the vet checked him out. my nephew stopped over with his mother because my nephew saw what happened and he was horrified. this b--ch, took a metal feed bucket and hit him in the head and the handle came out. how horrible is that, it just be nice me off, she has always been very hateful to my 12 year old daughter, and now her son is just entering the fair for the first year and we have better calves them him,(but we also pay more money for our calves) now i called the vet out because rat poison was found in another one of our calves feed buckets. I am just horrified and dont even know what to do? any suggestions? What ever happened to having a close family? i guess now a days its all about competition.

Well, you can pick your friends but you cannot pick your family.

And most importantly - Family trouble is usually a two way street. In fact I believe it to be truly rare to be a one way street. Ever think you might somehow be part of the problem?

Move the calf out. Move everything out.

And stop telling people you can pay more for your animals than someone else can.

What you say may come from you as being innocently spoken, but it comes across to others as quite hoity toity.

Beware - words are like bullets and cannot be re-called after being let loose down range.

Keeps the trouble down to a dull roar.

Bez>

Well, I would definitely make certain the woman had absolutely no access to my animals anymore. I can't think of anything else to say because I'm stunned...

Alice

Lammie":2vij9t4o said:
Aminal cruelty can be a sign of other types of abuse as well.
Anyone that can abuse an animal by leaving it without care after hurting it (intentional or not)....

I'm afraid I'd be taking a good hard look at my nephew and his siblings.
(I can say this because I don't know you or your brother) Is your SIL being abused by your brother or someone else?

Alice":3f1xnqtl said:
Well, I would definitely make certain the woman had absolutely no access to my animals anymore. I can't think of anything else to say because I'm stunned...

Alice

i second that one.

Maybe she got panicked and hit the steer, that could happen. Leaving him there without treatment is inexcusable. Bez is right, you can't pick your family but you don't have to get them to take care of your animals. Get your animals to a safer location. What does your brother say?

CHECK THOSE KIDS!!!! THIS IS A SYMPTOM OF A MUCH LARGER PROBLEM..You may have to get the law involved,to protect the children.. Move the cattle..talk to the kids.. Anyone can hit a critter,but to leave it injured is another thing..As is RAT POISON!!

mystery74":2f98ahpa said:
I just found out today after numerous calls to the vet about health related problems, with my calves, that i have never encountered before, that my sister-in-law has been abusing my daughters 4H calves. Why? i just recently found her one calf with a metal wire through its eyelid and he was so calmly laying there for someone to help him. after the vet checked him out. my nephew stopped over with his mother because my nephew saw what happened and he was horrified. this b--ch, took a metal feed bucket and hit him in the head and the handle came out. how horrible is that, it just be nice me off, she has always been very hateful to my 12 year old daughter, and now her son is just entering the fair for the first year and we have better calves them him,(but we also pay more money for our calves) now i called the vet out because rat poison was found in another one of our calves feed

buckets. I am just horrified and dont even know what to do? any suggestions? What ever happened to having a close family? i guess now a days its all about competition.

I'd say 100% stay away from that sister in law, she is evil, who knows she may have a personality disorder that even she doesn't know about. For sure keep your kids away from her!!

GMN

Bez>":3jaik1gy said:
mystery74":3jaik1gy said:
I just found out today after numerous calls to the vet about health related problems, with my calves, that i have never encountered before, that my sister-in-law has been abusing my daughters 4H calves. Why? i just recently found her one calf with a metal wire through its eyelid and he was so calmly laying there for someone to help him. after the vet checked him out. my nephew stopped over with his mother because my nephew saw what happened and he was horrified. this b--ch, took a metal feed bucket and hit him in the head and the handle came out. how horrible is that, it just be nice me off, she has always been very hateful to my 12 year old daughter, and now her son is just entering the fair for the first year and we have better calves them him,(but we also pay more money for our calves) now i called the vet out because rat poison was found in another one of our calves feed buckets. I am just horrified and dont even know what to do? any suggestions? What ever happened to having a close family? i guess now a days its all about competition.

Well, you can pick your friends but you cannot pick your family.

And most importantly - Family trouble is usually a two way street. In fact I believe it to be truly rare to be a one way street. Ever think you might somehow be part of the problem?

Move the calf out. Move everything out.

And stop telling people you can pay more for your animals than someone else can.

What you say may come from you as being innocently spoken, but it comes across to others as quite hoity toity.

Beware - words are like bullets and cannot be re-called after being let loose down range.

Keeps the trouble down to a dull roar.

Bez>

Truth is family problems aren't always 2 sided, sometimes the person who has issues is just plain nuts-seriously, emotionally disturbed, its thier problem if they get jealous, and how they react to situations, not hers!!

GMN

Sorry so much has happened since then. My husband built us a nice barn and we moved all our steers out of my mother -in -laws. this seem to really piss the sister in law off because we caught her on our property cutting our barb wire fence. (which our animals did get out) when i confronted her which my two daughters were there (6 and 12 years old) my husband was on his way home and my father in law was on his way over. this crazy girl actually said she was going to kill me and my girls. needless to say i am in the long court process of getting a restraining order against her. The sad part of this story is my mother in law is old fashioned and now refuses to talk to me because in her eyes (the sister in law) was just mad. Still it gave her no right to destroy property and threaten us

Have her crazy a$$ arrested! Get her off the streets. This chick needs some serious mental health treatment.

Alice

mystery74":1pq5eo4w said:
Sorry so much has happened since then. My husband built us a nice barn and we moved all our steers out of my mother -in -laws. this seem to really be nice the sister in law off because we caught her on our property cutting our barb wire fence. (which our animals did get out) when i confronted her which my two daughters were there (6 and 12 years old) my husband was on his way home and my father in law was on his way over. this crazy girl actually said she was going to kill me and my girls. needless to say i am in the long court process of getting a restraining order against her. The sad part of this story is my mother in law is old fashioned and now refuses to talk to me because in her eyes (the sister in law) was just mad. Still it gave her no right to destroy property and threaten us

Be aware that a restraining order is only a piece of paper. Protect yourselves.

BEz>

I know its only a piece of paper, and thats what scares me. Luckily my husband and I have had a strong marriage and this is not affected us to much, we openely talk about solutions. We just built our house so it would be hard to move but we are talking about it for the sake of our children and animals and just being able to live happily

Restraining orders are easy to walk thro.. Protect yourself and your kids--MOVE several states over--m-i-l seems just as nutty..Do not leave your kids with her!!

mystery74":2h1z641q said:
Sorry so much has happened since then. My husband built us a nice barn and we moved all our steers out of my mother -in -laws. this seem to really be nice the sister in law off because we caught her on our property cutting our barb wire fence. (which our animals did get out) when i confronted her which my two daughters were there (6 and 12 years old) my husband was on his way home and my father in law was on his way over. this crazy girl actually said she was going to kill me and my girls. needless to say i am in the long court process of getting a restraining order against her. The sad part of this story is my mother in law is old fashioned and now refuses to talk to me because in her eyes (the sister in law) was just mad. Still it gave her no right to destroy property and threaten us

So this is your husbands sister, and your husbands mother? Wow that could really be a difficult situation. I have had my issues also with a crazee mother in law, all out war a few years back, and it was very stressful. Why is the sister in law, so angry towards you?

Good that your husband can see through all and realize its his own family that comes first.

Hope it all works out in a good way.

Gail

GMN":1r3e7uez said:
mystery74":1r3e7uez said:
Its my husband's brothers wife and we were told she is extremely jeolous, we live in a nice house which my husband works 2 jobs and I work and then we raise our cows and we dont go spending all our money, but we are not rich. She does not watch how they spend their money, and has had a to claim bankruptcy and other things. but that is not our fault. we stay on our side and i would just like her to leave us alone. We are hard workers and she has never taken the time to learn that about us. Hell maybe she should see how hard it is to come home, make dinner, do chores and on weekends , bale hay, fix tractors and work on a farm. I guess some people think money comes easy but it doesnt.

So this is your husbands sister, and your husbands mother? Wow that could really be a difficult situation. I have had my issues also with a crazee mother in law, all out war a few years back, and it was very stressful. Why is the sister in law, so angry towards you?

Good that your husband can see through all and realize its his own family that comes first.

Hope it all works out in a good way.

Gail

It's true a restraining order is only a piece of paper, but it is the proper way to legaly protect your self. The key to restraining orders is making sure you call the police when she violates it and proving it. If you have a video recorder, that is strong evidence. It is safer for you and your kid than confronting her.

Latest posts