what a thought...!?!?!?!

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
Hey just had a thought, no it didn't hurt, what with all this swine flu about the two delicacies of Black Pudding from the North of England and Scotland and Zhu xie gao from Taiwan wonder if they can still be eaten?????

Black Pudding is dried pigs blood and fat rolled into a sausage, and zhu xie gao is congealed pigs blood eaten on rice cakes dipped in chili sauce. now doesn't that sound appertising????

Wow! I learned something today. We always take Black Pudding and Zhu xie gao with us when we go salt water fishing. but we always called it Chum. ;-)

Well, you wouldn't catch me hear it anyway, so I wouldn't all be hurt if they outlawed it.

Chrissy, speaking of puddings. A friend of mine married a girl from England and her mom came over and they gave her the run of the kitchen. She cooked up something she called a something another pudding but it wasn't a pudding as I would normally think of it. Seems there was gravy, beef and a bread-like thing that deflated when I poked it with my fork. It was good!!! but unexpected. Have any idea what this dish is called?

I'm not from England,but I bet it was Yorkshire pudding. No idea how to make one/it/them.

chrisy":36w8aunk said:
Hey just had a thought, no it didn't hurt, what with all this swine flu about the two delicacies of Black Pudding from the North of England and Scotland and Zhu xie gao from Taiwan wonder if they can still be eaten?????

Black Pudding is dried pigs blood and fat rolled into a sausage, and zhu xie gao is congealed pigs blood eaten on rice cakes dipped in chili sauce. now doesn't that sound appertising????

:shock: Ewwwwww!

Peg was right it was a Yorkshire Pudding, its mix is like American Pancake mix but not quite as thick,
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/york ... 45,RC.html
I usually make mine in a muffin tin as I like the little individual ones on the plate, mixture is the same, just fill the cup up to halfway, and cook for only 20 mins on 220c or 440f, http://yorkshirepuddingrecipe.co.uk/
this link is a little winded but shows just how our Sunday dinner is prepared, looks like it could be in my house, although I would have mixed carrot in with the swede and I don't use so much salt in my mixture, I just use a pinch, and gravy is made in the meat tin once fat is removed to add flavour. Oh! I am feeling hungry now, yah Hurray it is Sunday so now you know what my family will be doing this afternoon, My Son-in-law is a Yorkshire Lad and a very good chief so he will be in charge of the puddings. hope you try this recipe (second one I think best) and enjoy, a little bit of Britain with a roast it is nice with any meat, I think I write this message every year for someone in the States.

Jogeephus":2mkbfq2d said:
Wow! I learned something today. We always take Black Pudding and Zhu xie gao with us when we go salt water fishing. but we always called it Chum. ;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You crack me up!!!!
Wonder where all those recipes come from, I mean who said hey lets catch that pig and bleed him out in a bucket then lets take the blood and........if I had a puke smiley this is where he would be...puke.

Latest posts