What a market!

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook":2r2rzztn said:
"The good little black calves that cost $3 plus, were just #1 blk or chars, 200lbs 3/8-1/4 blood, they have to be front end and can't be green."
And someone is taking them to feed?

Hook":md75czyq said:
Apparently.
I know another guy I'm buying a couple cases of pork bellies from who deals with wholesale meats and futures and he said beef is crazy right now. And will be for awhile.
I agree that it's good and is going to be. But there isn't money in 3.90cwt calves unless he has some very special unusual market.

I know you can hedge your investments using futures on feeders and fats contracts but is there anything on calves below say 675?

denvermartinfarms":11xx5872 said:
Hook":11xx5872 said:
"The good little black calves that cost $3 plus, were just #1 blk or chars, 200lbs 3/8-1/4 blood, they have to be front end and can't be green."

Probably will be used for roping calves until they get stale, then go to grazeout wheat/oats/ryegrass. Roping calf buyers getting aggressive around here. Lots of big stock shows/rodeos going on in the next month or so.

Texas PaPaw":3f2v3d7l said:
denvermartinfarms":3f2v3d7l said:
Hook":3f2v3d7l said:

Probably will be used for roping calves until they get stale, then go to grazeout wheat/oats/ryegrass. Roping calf buyers getting aggressive around here. Lots of big stock shows/rodeos going on in the next month or so.
Hook had mentioned that before, it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Latest posts