What a Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
Yesterday morning started off pretty normal went and got the feeding done then we had strong storms , a few tornadoes and quite a bit of rain
I was lucky I didn't have any damage but several of my friends had lots
we had up to 80mph straight winds around here so I spent from 1pm to about 8 helping a friend cut trees off of the fences and clean up all the trash,tin and limber from his and his neighbors barns that had all landed in his hayfields and around his house the best thing is that in all this destruction I haven't heard any reports of any lives lost
there are several with out power and there are trees,fences and building destroyed everywhere

It is thundering and lightening here now so we are probably in for another round

Hey i was wondering how you guys made out with the storms. News reported 3 dead. We were on the very south edge of that mess yesterday, and only got 1/2 of rain and very little wind. Glad you guys are all right.

Red Bull Breeder":2w859mj7 said:
Hey i was wondering how you guys made out with the storms. News reported 3 dead. We were on the very south edge of that mess yesterday, and only got 1/2 of rain and very little wind. Glad you guys are all right.
I hadn't heard about the deaths but then again I didn't get in til around 9 and I went to bed and didn't watch the news
I thought I had lost a tractor it was at a friends place that I lease and it was in his barn the barn was a 60 x80 with lean to's on both sides the center and the east lean to crashed straight down but the leanto with my tractor in it flipped over the onto the main part instead of falling on my tractor so I got lucky it was built out of red iron so we had to have some pretty good winds
here at the house we had a lil over 1" but where the storms went thru thay had almost 2" in less than an hour where my tractor was is only 3 miles due west and the storms headed north east so I got lucky

We had quite a little bit of damage in our area, no power for 5 hours, plus. The elememtary school where my son goes to school, right behind it, is the Lions club building the old one, that they still used was demolished, and also the covered picnic table area was gone too. Luckily the school suffered no damage.

We had a few trees limbs blown down, and the neighbor had all the skirting ripped off of his trailer, plus tin ripped fron one of his calf barns. Alot of roofs were damaged. i found roofing paper up in the pasture where I put my cows.Plus whole trees just pulled out by the roots.

It was a weird and dangerous storm. I thought after it poured and I mean poured, that it was over, I was walking around outside, viewing my baby calves, and talking on the phone to a relative, and it was so calm, eerie calm. The cows were all standing as close to the barn as they could, so I headed back to the barn, to bring a first calf heifer in, and then this wind came, and I do think it was very strong straight line winds, it seemed to go on for several minutes, and it was scary. Later someone told me that the storms that went thru, had a tail hook on the end, where after the rain, it got calm, and then wham. Like for a few minutes I was in the eye of the storm, like a hurricane acts.

The person who died, lived in Charity which is about 15 miles from us. They got sucked out of their house, and blown against a building outside. The man died, they said of a heart attack. He had just retired a few months ago, and his wife is in serious condition in the hospital. They said it was a tornado in Charity, a EF2, with wind speed of 110mph. As fast as it all happened, it does knd of make you think about life in general, and how fast it can just be taken away.

Glad to hear your damage was at a minimum.

Gail

sounds like yall got hitt pretty hard by the storms.glad to hear that no 1 was hurt.hope yall can get everything cleaned up soon.

It was a real beauty here too. We had very little damage, wifes deer stand was destroyed, but the dairy 1/4 mile away lost some buildings, had a couple of large Oaks uprooted. Reports of a tornado 5 miles from us and 1 mile. I think it was the same tornado just people talking about the different ends of. Just straight line winds here. Sure cleared out a lot of the old widow makers from previous years though.
http://lebanondailyrecord.com/publish/a ... 9277.shtml

dun":k1dlcsr0 said:
It was a real beauty here too. We had very little damage, wifes deer stand was destroyed, but the dairy 1/4 mile away lost some buildings, had a couple of large Oaks uprooted. Reports of a tornado 5 miles from us and 1 mile. I think it was the same tornado just people talking about the different ends of. Just straight line winds here. Sure cleared out a lot of the old widow makers from previous years though.
http://lebanondailyrecord.com/publish/a ... 9277.shtml

13 tornadoes from this storm, in various areas in MO.

GMN

Latest posts