What 3wayX is this???

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Born on 2 Dec 2009. Can anyone guess what 3wayX it is?
DSC00160.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

looks like a standard non-black calf.

KNERSIE":20go31ow said:
bonsmara, limousin, jersey
definitely jersey most likely limo, and after googling bonsmara I have to agree.

Spill A, what is he besides a really nice looking growthy calf. ;-)

Don't know what breed he is but It looks like he is on his way to having the biggest set of nuts on the continent. You sure he is 30 days old? Those are some pretty impressive huevos on that little fella.

limo is a good guess. With his long legs and shallow rib he LOOKS like a 1980s Chi. I doubt there is any milk, no holstien .

Limo X Watusi X Gazelle :banana:
Limo X Water buffalo X Bonasmara
Final Answer! :lol:

Thanks all for being such sports.
3waycross-I'm certain of DOB,he has a good pair of nackers on him but they have to go-he is far to aggressive.
In past I have bred my Holsteins with Angus as I am not expanding dairy and worried about keeping replacement heifers.They all go off to the auction.
This time around I thought I would try a different breed.A friend of mine is experimenting with 'dual' purpose animals and has a ShorthornXBrown Swiss bull
which we put with my girls.The little heifer you see in the pics was born on 17 Dec 2009 and is as timid as he is agressive.Their dams are the same,one timid and the other positively 'wicked'.Bull, very placid.
So there you have it-HolsteinXShorthornXBraunveih.I can't wait to see the rest of them.

Brown Swiss or Braunvieh?

I have a number of similarly bred calves - BS over HolsteinFriesianxJersey - and I wouldn't have picked it.
I can't sell the bull calves here - at least the stock agent I asked claimed he couldn't do anything with Brown Swiss crosses. I'm hoping to keep a bit extra value in the cull cows, as well as hybrid vigour, with the dual-purpose breeds.

regolith":j7kcnv66 said:
Brown Swiss or Braunvieh?

I have a number of similarly bred calves - BS over HolsteinFriesianxJersey - and I wouldn't have picked it.
I can't sell the bull calves here - at least the stock agent I asked claimed he couldn't do anything with Brown Swiss crosses. I'm hoping to keep a bit extra value in the cull cows, as well as hybrid vigour, with the dual-purpose breeds.
Call them braunvieh instead of brown swiss

I thought it might be a location thing - after all, they pretty much translate identical, don't they?
Just want to know for sure that we're talking about a dual-purpose dairy breed rather than a beef breed. Like the shorthorn - dairy shorthorn or beef shorthorn?

regolith":30hpzeiv said:
I thought it might be a location thing - after all, they pretty much translate identical, don't they?
Just want to know for sure that we're talking about a dual-purpose dairy breed rather than a beef breed. Like the shorthorn - dairy shorthorn or beef shorthorn?
Aorund here, unless you're a braunvieh breeder they're still called brown swiss

Holstein I wouldn't have guessed that. Is there any white on the calves at all. Anything that I have ever crossed with a Holsteins had always had at least a little patch of white even if it is on the belly. Now we know why they are so growthy.. ;-)

Is there any white on the calves at all.

Well, I've had I think fourteen heifers, about the same number of bulls so far brown Swiss/Holstein Friesian/Jersey.
This year I had one with a little swirl of white on its fore-head - the very first broken colour i've seen on any of them.

hillsdown":2fpdkd93 said:
Is there any white on the calves at all.
The heifer has a white patch on her belly :D . The last batch of Angus/Holstein
went very well at the auction obtaining 'beef' prices.They hardly had any white on them.It does help though to sit amoungst the buyers ;-) .
regolith":2fpdkd93 said:
I can't sell the bull calves here - at least the stock agent I asked claimed he couldn't do anything with Brown Swiss crosses
Rego-Here nobody wants to touch Jersey or Jersey X's. Have you tried the Beef Shorthorn/Jersey mix?

Latest posts