What 25 years of marriage has taught me

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle

Reaction score
Words Women Use

Fine
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

Five Minutes
If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour.
Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

Nothing
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something" and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with "nothing" usually end in "fine".

Go Ahead
This is a dare, not permission, DON'T DO IT!

Loud Sigh
Although not actually a word, the loud sigh is often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing".

That's Okay
This is one of the most dangerous statements that woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

Thanks
This is the least used of all words in the female vocabulary. If a woman is thanking you. Do not question it, just say you're welcome and back out of the room slowly.

(Only kidding, Dear) :D

My wife uses these words a bit, my responses:

Fine,
Red flags, I just shut up and I go away for a while.

Nothing,
It's like having to chose between possible death or a certain 6 months in the hospital, I know I'm trapped like rabbit.

Go ahead,
I just get the deer in the headlamp look :shock:

Alan

How about "I don't want to talk about it now."

Usually comes right after "fine"

Being the gentlemen we all are, we just gotta talk about it now!

Should use the back away slowly method instead. ;-)

Go ahead guys say what you want, do what you want. Just don't show any fear. This will get you in the most hot water. As for all of things that you will miss out on don't worry celibacy isn't all that bad. By the way I've been married to the same lovely lady for 34 years.

Angus Guy":192lhxf9 said:
don't worry celibacy isn't all that bad.

So if I ask my wife to make love and she say "fine", is that a good thing?

Alan

Alan that one hasn't been tried yet. I have know idea what the outcome would be. Ijust don't want to be there to see the outcome :) :)

I always try to let her vent if it comes to that. It seems I have to pry the board lose to get to the root.

Never say anything you will be sorry for later. Let her speak her mind.

Her and my girls are my life.

I want to die before her for I will miss her terribly.

Tommy, I think you have got this figured out. I hope it didn't take all 25 years to do so. :shock:

chrisy":jssip4vn said:
fine, lock it down, that's OK, (loud sigh coming from computer room) nothing left to say on the matter :nod:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's right, chrisy!!!
Only took the hubby 11 years to learn that "yes, dear" is usally a good answer...especially when his selective hearing has kicked in and i have to repeat myself!!! ;-) ;-)

Everbody on earth dies and goes to heaven.God comes and says, "I want the men to get in two lines. One line for the men that dominated thier women on earth and the other line for the men that were dominated by thier women. Also, I want all the women to go with St. Peter." With that said and done, the next time God looked, the women are gone and there is two lines.The line of the men dominated by their women was 100 miles long, and in the line of men that dominated their women, there was only one man. God got mad and said, "You men should be ashamed of yourselves. I created you in my image and you were all whipped by your mates. Look at the only one of my sons that stood up and made me proud. Learn from him. Tell them my son, how did you manage to be the only one in this line?" And the man replied, "I don't know, my wife told me to stand here."

Latest posts