What’s wrong with this picture??

Help Support CattleToday:

Sir Loin

Reaction score
Capital Press
BOISE -- A bill that would raise a brand inspection fee for cow-calf producers to pay for predator control efforts was introduced in the Idaho Legislature Feb. 21, but it faces an uncertain fate.
The bill, which would give the cattle industry the authority to raise an animal damage control fee by as much as 25 cents per head largely to help control wolf damage, is opposed by Idaho Farm Bureau Federation.
During an initial hearing on the bill, members of the House State Affairs Committee expressed significant concern about the proposal.
A fee of 5 cents per head on all cattle in Idaho is collected at the time of brand inspection and the money is used to fund animal damage control efforts by Wildlife Services, a USDA agency that manages wildlife damage in Idaho.
Source: http://www.capitalpress.com/content/SE- ... fee-030113

Let me see if I get this.
Cattlemen pay a fee to the Wildlife Services to pay them for lost animals to predators while the Wildlife Services is the one who is stopping cattlemen from shooting the predators before they kill their cattle.
What's wrong with this picture??
SL

Re:
There's nothing wrong with that picture.. that's the way it's supposed to be!
Well then if that is the way you feel, why don't you cattleman who have predator problem just shoot your cattle and save the tax payers some money? After all, they are going to die anyway!
SL

Whoa, hold on a second. It's worse than that. Predators were under control until about 30 years ago when the FEDS reintroduced wolves and other predators back into nature. So there is nothing wrong with this picture. It is SNAFU - and if you don't remember what SNAFU means, PM me and I'll tell you. Government can't wipe their own butts let alone govern with any intelligence.

Latest posts