What’s happening with this grass?

Help Support CattleToday:

Army worms. There's another thread here about them, they are horrible this year.

Hook2.0":17a5waq4 said:
One field we have cows on is suddenly getting large brown spots. It's been a wet summer, and it's starting to dry up a little. Fungus? Army worms?

Looks like water may have stood there for a length o f time and the grass has drown.

I know that plants need oxygen at their root to survive and flooding deprives them of that. I had Army Worms once so I can't say much about them except they didn't kill any plants, just significantly reduced the foliage.

Texasmark":36n0qz8l said:
I know that plants need oxygen at their root to survive and flooding deprives them of that. I had Army Worms once so I can't say much about them except they didn't kill any plants, just significantly reduced the foliage.
the worms eat the foliage on bermuda and stems are brown . Its like when you cut it it will go dormant for 4 or 5 days then will start to green up again. its best to go ahead and cut it then the new growth will come back quicker , chinch bugs or grubs will kill the roots and cause patches to die. there are some good products on the market to treat these areas to eliminate these pest. Bifithren will smoke em

Latest posts