Wet Fall

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Looks like we are going to have our first wet fall in a long time. Front coming in looks like its going to soak us good. I wish I had known this sooner so I could have done a few things differently. Oh well.

Same here Joe. But if we could predict the weather farming and raising cattle would be more profitable and everyone else would want to do it.
We actually might even turn a profit. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Calman":333m3rkj said:
Same here Joe. But if we could predict the weather farming and raising cattle would be more profitable and everyone else would want to do it.
We actually might even turn a profit. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Don't know about the profit part, :p but sure could save a lot of time and money fertilizing, planting and planning.

The weather liars are predicting some pretty clear weather here starting on Saturday and for Sunday - Tuesday as well. If that holds, I'm going to try to lay the rest of the hay down then.

Wet here, the corn won't dry down, combine is already making tracks, when it don't rain it is cloudy and overcast. Looks like it's gonna be a long fall.

Larry

larryshoat":l9poqhaz said:
Wet here, the corn won't dry down, combine is already making tracks, when it don't rain it is cloudy and overcast. Looks like it's gonna be a long fall.

Larry

Larry,my daughters about 75 miles or so north of you are already talking of snow in the forcast.

Cal

Calman":dru4s1b1 said:
larryshoat":dru4s1b1 said:

Larry

Larry,my daughters about 75 miles or so north of you are already talking of snow in the forcast.

Cal

That's the scary part, it's gettin kinda late. The corn yield is gonna shatter all records in this county, but it is wet, I checked some the other day at 27%. When the corn does get dry there will be so much of it that everything will be full. Not complaining, but it's gonna be a challenge.

Larry

john250":2hrslpb0 said:
There has been zero harvest activity here for 10 days. A few beans are in, but none of the corn.

Same here, we ran beans Monday and Tuesday and we shelled one load of corn to dry and feed.

Larry

Latest posts