Wet distillers grain

Help Support CattleToday:

ez14.":35xw4fv2 said:
After 2 years of trying I finally was able to get a source for WBG today! Not a lot only 300-800 pounds a week. So we will see how this goes

Congrats but if its not right next door thats not very much at all you can have 300lbs of brewers grain in a protein tub. That is good you found a source but thats not alot at all and really not worth your time to feed to cattle and would be great if you have alot of chickens or something maybe pigs.

skyhightree1":19ktlo9t said:
ez14.":19ktlo9t said:
After 2 years of trying I finally was able to get a source for WBG today! Not a lot only 300-800 pounds a week. So we will see how this goes

Congrats but if its not right next door thats not very much at all you can have 300lbs of brewers grain in a protein tub. That is good you found a source but thats not alot at all and really not worth your time to feed to cattle and would be great if you have alot of chickens or something maybe pigs.
well it is pretty close and easy to get. I can just pick it up when I'm getting lunch

I would like to feed it to pigs but the price of a feeder pig compared to a finished pig makes that hard to pencil out even with free feed

ez14.":1tyqb93c said:
skyhightree1":1tyqb93c said:
ez14.":1tyqb93c said:

well it is pretty close and easy to get. I can just pick it up when I'm getting lunch

I would like to feed it to pigs but the price of a feeder pig compared to a finished pig makes that hard to pencil out even with free feed

Yea, I sell mine to folks mostly for bbq pigs and slaughter pigs. If pigs were just for me to eat id still use it for the pigs and such because a home raised pig is a tasty beast and its a big difference in how you raise them and their flavor.

TexasBred":2l2w1yob said:
Dsteim":2l2w1yob said:
skyhightree1":2l2w1yob said:
From beer brewing process?

Yes from beer brewing.
That's not distillers grain. It's wet brewers grain. You can feed it free choice. At 65=70% water it takes quite a bit of it to get any real dry matter into the cattle.
Just out of curiosity. How different is WBG from WDG in terms of DM, Phos, CP & energy?

quartermeter":4r7bkmmy said:
In summer, or winter, U can put it in 55 gal drums, bags or anything with a air tight lid on it will sileage. I put it in barrels in July and fed it in January.
I let the cows eat for 1 hr and move them. I don't feed it to 1st calf hefers. It makes their calf's too big. Cows can eat too much. I've fed it for 5+ years.

Everyone told me that feeding the bred heifer would make the calf too big and I believed it for over ten years and found out that was not remotely true. I used to feed my heifers until breeding time and then stop. Months later I would have a heifer that wasn't as big as I was hoping. Not usually a problem until the second calf.

cjmc":1fz1qm81 said:
TexasBred":1fz1qm81 said:
Dsteim":1fz1qm81 said:
Yes from beer brewing.
That's not distillers grain. It's wet brewers grain. You can feed it free choice. At 65=70% water it takes quite a bit of it to get any real dry matter into the cattle.
Just out of curiosity. How different is WBG from WDG in terms of DM, Phos, CP & energy?
There can be variations due to ingredients used, processing and moisture levels. NRC has not set standards for either but the two are relatively equal. I don't know anyone in this area that has ever used wet distillers even when there were many more dairies in the area but quite a few used wet brewers grain because their was a brewery only about 25 miles up the road. Nearest ethanol plant was 300 miles and it's not economically feasible to haul such high moisture products long distances.

TexasBred":2bnmr1qn said:
quartermeter":2bnmr1qn said:
Title says distillers grain, he meant WBG, wet brewers grain. There is no fermentation in WBG. As for the waste. It's SHT with the waste. He's dumping 10,000 lbs on the ground. I said 1/2 is wasted due to them walking on it. I feed in 300 gal totes. I have no waste. Go read again.
Go back to page one and you'll see that "I" was the one that pointed out that it was indeed WBG and not wet distillers grain. WBG absolutely is fermented during the beer manufacturing process. Without it there is no alcohol.

No there is no alcohol in WBG. It's just wet ground barely. The water or YURT is the liquid that's drained off 2 hrs after it goes in. The yurt is fermented. No alcohol in WBG. Google it.

quartermeter":2htquph8 said:
TexasBred":2htquph8 said:
quartermeter":2htquph8 said:
Title says distillers grain, he meant WBG, wet brewers grain. There is no fermentation in WBG. As for the waste. It's SHT with the waste. He's dumping 10,000 lbs on the ground. I said 1/2 is wasted due to them walking on it. I feed in 300 gal totes. I have no waste. Go read again.
Go back to page one and you'll see that "I" was the one that pointed out that it was indeed WBG and not wet distillers grain. WBG absolutely is fermented during the beer manufacturing process. Without it there is no alcohol.

No there is no alcohol in WBG. It's just wet ground barely. The water or YURT is the liquid that's drained off 2 hrs after it goes in. The yurt is fermented. No alcohol in WBG. Google it.

Quartermeter.. your killing me your talking about stuff you don't know about.. it's wort not Yurt..it also has no standardized time frame everything depends on the type of beer being brewed. I don't need to google it I live it it's not just barley there's other ingredients used sometimes...geez such misinformation.

quartermeter":19c40k79 said:
TexasBred":19c40k79 said:
quartermeter":19c40k79 said:

If it's Budweiser it's most likely RICE. :nod:

skyhightree1":ofetuy1f said:
quartermeter":ofetuy1f said:
TexasBred":ofetuy1f said:

No there is no alcohol in WBG. It's just wet ground barely. The water or Wort is the liquid that's drained off 2 hrs after it goes in. The wort is fermented. No alcohol in WBG. Google it.

Quartermeter.. your killing me your talking about stuff you don't know about.. it's wort not wort..it also has no standardized time frame everything depends on the type of beer being brewed. I don't need to google it I live it it's not just barley there's other ingredients used sometimes...geez such misinformation.

DA the whole point in this was that THERE IS NO ALCOHOL IN WBG. Don't be so anal. You pick things apart that don't matter and let the point go over your head. Get some meds.

quartermeter":a84y737j said:
skyhightree1":a84y737j said:
quartermeter":a84y737j said:
No there is no alcohol in WBG. It's just wet ground barely. The water or Wort is the liquid that's drained off 2 hrs after it goes in. The wort is fermented. No alcohol in WBG. Google it.

Quartermeter.. your killing me your talking about stuff you don't know about.. it's wort not wort..it also has no standardized time frame everything depends on the type of beer being brewed. I don't need to google it I live it it's not just barley there's other ingredients used sometimes...geez such misinformation.

DA the whole point in this was that THERE IS NO ALCOHOL IN WBG. Don't be so anal. You pick things apart that don't matter and let the point go over your head. Get some meds.

You got on talking about something you have absolutely no idea about and then have the nerve to tell someone to Google it... Bud I think if there is a DA its that fella looking right back at you when you look in a mirror. Yes, We were talking about WBG has no alcohol but you trying to be Mr. Smarty decided to try to school all us DA's when really all you did was meet me the Smart A who schooled you again. So uhhhh... if you were on the outside looking in at all the misinformation you have been spouting... Who do you really think folks will think is the DA :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: .... I think you know who it is. :cowboy: :tiphat:

quartermeter":3ikj0o8l said:
skyhightree1":3ikj0o8l said:
quartermeter":3ikj0o8l said:

BTW I see you cleaned up what you said and then tried to make it look like I was wrong... Nice try bud all you gotta do is look at the quoted message you said before you changed it when you responded to me.. Nice try but we got your # you could have said thanks for providing you with some education instead of trying to act like you knew that all along. :lol: :lol: :lol:

quartermeter":2715n5rq said:
TexasBred":2715n5rq said:
quartermeter":2715n5rq said:

No there is no alcohol in WBG. It's just wet ground barely. The water or YURT is the liquid that's drained off 2 hrs after it goes in. The yurt is fermented[/size]. No alcohol in WBG. Google it.

And you still think there's alcohol in WBG. Your clueless. Did your mom have any children that lived??

quartermeter":3gg8vbw8 said:
And you still think there's alcohol in WBG. Your clueless. Did your mom have any children that lived??

Apparently you can't read cause I never said there was alcohol in WBG :lol: :lol: :lol: ... You should try to be more original instead of quoting movie lines as an insult. Please go back and find where I said there is alcohol in WBG surely since your good at quoting and know everything you will point it out.

:deadhorse: I got to go pick up my WBG for my FAT COWS. THERE's one thing for sure. My cows are fatter than yours. BECAUSE YOU NEVER SAID YOUR COWS ARE FAT... BUT I DID. Y'all believe this guy??? I don't know how you find your way to town.
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :bang: :bang:

quartermeter":3tpcndwa said:
:deadhorse: I got to go pick up my WBG for my FAT COWS. THERE's one thing for sure. My cows are fatter than yours. BECAUSE YOU NEVER SAID YOUR COWS ARE FAT... BUT I DID. Y'all believe this guy??? I don't know how you find your way to town.
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :bang: :bang:

Prime example that inbreeding still exists... I'm done.. Another on the block list :cowboy:

Yeah i'll bet that's one long list. I can tell you got a hard time getting along with people, Especially here. Like I said earlier you need to get on some meds. You got a big problem with reading comprehension. You keep beating that horse dude. And your cows aren't fat and you never do say nothing. Get a job or something man. what do you do work for the government?

quartermeter":2ul98yt5 said:
skyhightree1":2ul98yt5 said:
quartermeter":2ul98yt5 said:

Seems you're the one keeping it going, talking trash, calling names, etc....As for alcohol in WBG or WDG, it depends on how old it is and what it's been exposed to and how stored. There certainly could be some weak alcohol residue. Seen a few dogs stagger off after filling up on the drainage from a pile. Never seen it affect a cow.

Yeah that could be but all the beer grain I've got they drain the water off an hour or two after they put it in so it can't be any alcohol in that grain. I wish y'all would have stepped up on old mile high tree there that guys crazy. He don't have much good to say about anything.

Latest posts