Wet distillers grain

Help Support CattleToday:

quartermeter":r9ecanva said:
Yeah that could be but all the beer grain I've got they drain the water off an hour or two after they put it in so it can't be any alcohol in that grain. I wish y'all would have stepped up on old mile high tree there that guys crazy. He don't have much good to say about anything.
With all due respect Sky has shown a lot more intelligence than you. Maybe you should drop in and see his operation some time. You could probably learn something if only by osmosis.

Well he has a hard time following a conservation. Each point I made he went off in a different direction telling me how I was wrong. Again As for alcohol in beer grain. You say it depends on how old it is. It spoiled in 5-7 days in the summer. I don't know how long you are feeding it. You can cover it and let it silage. That may have alcohol in it. But it's no longer WBG. It's now silaged WBG. I feed mine when it's 2-4 days old. He called me a lier when I said it made calves bigger. It may not make them bigger framed but it will make them heavier before they are born. If it doesn't do that why bother feeding it. So you'd have to say he started the name calling. He started being an ass and I didn't mind agitating him. Again he has a hard time following a conversation. He goes off in a tangent. I've fed beer grain for nearly 6 years. I know some about. You can think what you want but I didn't start that mess. But I didn't mind finishing it. He was very arrogant & condescending. I won't put up with a keyboard ass hole.

quartermeter wrote:
In summer, or winter, U can put it in 55 gal drums, bags or anything with a air tight lid on it will sileage. I put it in barrels in July and fed it in January.
I let the cows eat for 1 hr and move them. I don't feed it to 1st calf hefers. It makes their calf's too big. Cows can eat too much. I've fed it for 5+ years.

Absolutely a false statement. I keep and raise 99% of my heifers and they have no diet different than the cows their calves are the same size as the others. The brewers grain does not make the calf any bigger than it would have been. It doesn't matter how long you fed it if you have no idea what your talking about."

I made the comment on how to store it for long periods if you have too much. I said it makes your calf bigger. If you have a poor under fed cow her calf will be poor too. So the grain makes the calf bigger/ heavier.
Do u disagreement with this? Tell me how I am incorrect. I'd like to know.

Allright I'm wrong. Calves aren't fat when they are born. I did some research. Sorry SkyHighTree for the argument. I'm just here to learn. I need to say less and read more. You folks take care. Wish I could delete some of what I said. TexasBred sorry for the argument.

quartermeter":19xbwv45 said:
Allright I'm wrong. Calves aren't fat when they are born. I did some research. Sorry SkyHighTree for the argument. I'm just here to learn. I need to say less and read more. You folks take care. Wish I could delete some of what I said. TexasBred sorry for the argument.
There was no argument. I surrendered early on.