Westerns

Help Support CattleToday:

One thing I wonder about is where was all the whiskey coming from? Everyone is always drinking whiskey in the bars, seldom is anyone eating. The bad guys get shot and they die instantly, the good guys get shot, they get wounded . I also think about how limited their variety of food must have been Been watching some old Tales of Wells Fargo on the Grit channel. One thing for sure, if you are looking for trouble, you found it with Jim Hardee.;)
And you hardly ever see anyone pay for their booze.

I was watching the Rifleman yesterday, storyline about an outlaw hired for security at the bank. Outlaw gets involved in plot to rob bank, kills his partners to make off with the money himself. My brother says "they should've known better than to hire him, he was wearing all black!" The only person he can't hit is Lucas McCain. Ol' Lucas can dodge bullets!
The rifleman had a few episodes modeled straight from bible stories. Kinda neat to watch for those episodes.

I've noticed that too, also seen some Bible stories and scriptures quoted on Wagon Train too.
I didn't read this closely, but years ago, there was a bible study on VHS that went with these 6 episodes

The rifleman had a few episodes modeled straight from bible stories. Kinda neat to watch for those episodes.
Ever seen the movie " Against a crooked sky" ? Starring Richard Boone it has a Christian theme ....very good movie i think.

Lee Marvin played Ben Rumen in 1969's Paint Your Wagon. He was 45 at the time. Looks like they had to do a LOT of makeup work to make him look like the grizzled old mountain man.

The only time I remember him singing in a movie:

One thing I wonder about is where was all the whiskey coming from? Everyone is always drinking whiskey in the bars, seldom is anyone eating. The bad guys get shot and they die instantly, the good guys get shot, they get wounded . I also think about how limited their variety of food must have been Been watching some old Tales of Wells Fargo on the Grit channel. One thing for sure, if you are looking for trouble, you found it with Jim Hardee.;)
And, if they are right handed, they get shot in the left shoulder, and vice versa

Old Matt Dillion had to have a messed up left shoulder with all the bullets that went through it. As many bullets as he caught in the left shoulder it is wonder that he could lift that arm at all.
He was shot 56 times, and killed 303 people.

Latest posts