Western States Fires

Help Support CattleToday:

76 Bar

Reaction score
In particular, the Carr Fire on the western edge of Redding Calif population 91,000 (~150 miles south of the Oregon border). Started last Monday and is now at ~ 10,000 acres & 15% containment. Devastation and loss of life is heartbreaking. Send your prayers.

I've been saying prayers, for all of those folks out there in Ca. It is very sad to see & read about it. I find fires to be more worrisome than floods. I hope there's some rain or something, that gives some relief soon.

Unfortunately, for the vast majority of CA the rainy season doesn't commence until the very late fall/early winter. Like many western states, years of drought coupled with a Smokey the bear mentality yada yada has trumped sound range management practices and exacerbated the fire danger. Not to be harsh, but the hardest hit area west of Redding is steep, rugged terrain and a wreck waiting to happen. Thanks for your prayers & concern.

76 Bar":3qnt5lmg said:
Unfortunately, for the vast majority of CA the rainy season doesn't commence until the very late fall/early winter. Like many western states, years of drought coupled with a Smokey the bear mentality yada yada has trumped sound range management practices and exacerbated the fire danger. Not to be harsh, but the hardest hit area west of Redding is steep, rugged terrain and a wreck waiting to happen. Thanks for your prayers & concern.
And what if you do get a lot of rain? Massive mudslides because of the terrain & all the forage is gone? Western KS & OK were hit hard by wildfires the past couple years and the devastation is surreal. Sending prayers for CA.

Latest posts