Western Hauler or Flat Bed

Help Support CattleToday:

midTN_Brangusman

Reaction score
Bought a nearly new F350 crew cab and chassis, looking at getting a bed for it. What do you guys recommend, western hauler style bed or a traditional flat bed. Thanks and God Bless

Western haulers look really nice but cost $6-9k, a cm or j+I flatbed cost $13-1400 and can add toolboxes also. I've yet to see an underbed toolbox that doesn't leak water though.

RanchMan90":6ik5iawh said:
Western haulers look really nice but cost $6-9k, a cm or j+I flatbed cost $13-1400 and can add toolboxes also. I've yet to see an underbed toolbox that doesn't leak water though.

I've got a CM on my F350. You don't want to put nice tools in the tool boxes, just ratchet straps and chains.

You'll like having a flatbed once you get used to it.

Recently I got a call while at the doctor's office. Something about my truck (in the home driveway) being in an accident. Huh?

Long story short, I had a minivan imbedded in the side of my truck bed. (No injuries). Off to the body shop. But have to ask about a flatbed instead of fixing. Installed a Bradford Built steel flatbed that is the bomb. Skirted, tapered rear, heavy duty gooseneck, nice headache rack all with LED lights. With 2 under/side boxes. Ended up costing me a hundred bucks or so.

By far, the best decision I made. Flip up/down (greasable hinged) side rails. When down, exposes the stake pockets. Added air bags and won't look back. So much more useful than the bed. Drop 8 foot logs over the sides onto the bed with my tractor bucket. Aluminum looks pretty and is expensive. But the Bradford Built bed is a brute.

Latest posts