AGOODSTRING.jpg

ADroverChrisOwen.jpg

rush-hour-traffic--western-art-cowboy-painting-kim-corpany.jpg

branding-the-remnants-by-tim-cox-5688.jpg

Reluctant-Company.jpg

TimCox-WhereFreedomLives.jpg

ROPING.jpg

rich_painting.jpg

I used to write quite a bit of poetry. I've always been amazed at how the lifestyle of cattle just drags out the best in people. People that don't paint want to when they see what we see. People that don't write want to capture what they see on paper. It's inspiring...
The second from last picture could pass as a photograph from anything over ten feet away. Amazing talent.

I have a few ill share when I get time. Those are great C7, I love western art.

Let me guess; Tim Cox.
His art work is just awesome.

We have an artist north of us that does pencil art. His wife told me it is because he is color blind, but he does some really awesome work.

Beautiful work! Love the one of the horse tied up with the nosy calves around. So true to life, not just in looks but the reality of the behavior.

Tim Cox/Where The Mountains Reach The Sky
cross_7":11v0ykot said:
WHERETHEMOUNTAINS.jpg

almost home- chris owen
almosthome.jpg

keeping the grit chris owen
keepingthegrit.jpg

first string steve atkinson
FirstString.jpg

a good string chris owen
AGOODSTRING.jpg

a drover chris owen
ADroverChrisOwen.jpg

rush hour traffic kim corpany
rush-hour-traffic--western-art-cowboy-painting-kim-corpany.jpg

branding the remnants-tim-cox
branding-the-remnants-by-tim-cox-5688.jpg

reluctant company - yim cox
Reluctant-Company.jpg

TimCox-where freedom lives
TimCox-WhereFreedomLives.jpg

ROPING.jpg

rich_painting.jpg

A few years back while driving from Devils Tower back to Spearfish where I was staying all week, I came to a stop sign and a few buildings. One of the buildings was covered in antlers, had a stuffed buffalo and vintage iron jail cell wasting out front and the only sign I saw was a folded piece of plywood that read "OPEN 23 HOURS". Couldn't pass it up and glad I didn't. Inside was an artist named Bob Coronato. Unbelievable stuff. If I could have afforded it I would have papered my house with his art. I did end up buying an etching from him entitled "today... is a good day to die,...hoka hey!" (Josey Wales is one of my all time favorite movies). He lived between there and Los Angeles with his family and they were exceptionally nice people.

This is some of his art
http://www.bobcoronato.com/

Iso that is also a great one of Don's. He has so many that it is hard to say which one I love the most. The one I told Jo to go look at is so neat because that Model T in the picture is my husbands. Don copied it right down to the seat cover he made for it. Don just corrected the broken windshield and the head lights. The guy leaning over it is just like my husband was when Don took the picture. We have 2 copies of that picture. If I had the money I would buy the original from him.

I luv herfrds":3avdpgyy said:
Iso that is also a great one of Don's. He has so many that it is hard to say which one I love the most. The one I told Jo to go look at is so neat because that Model T in the picture is my husbands. Don copied it right down to the seat cover he made for it. Don just corrected the broken windshield and the head lights. The guy leaning over it is just like my husband was when Don took the picture. We have 2 copies of that picture. If I had the money I would buy the original from him.
I looked at it, very interesting indeed. I liked the one I posted because it reminded me of daily life on my farm. :mrgreen: Me in the truck, wife getting the gates. :lol:

Latest posts