West Texas Cattle Prices - Online research?

Help Support CattleToday:

CowboyBlue

Reaction score
Howdy, y'all. I'm not new to cattle but definitely new to the "business" part of it. I used to love to go to the old-time sale barns with Daddy and Papa, but those days are gone now, and I don't have time to go sit in the sale barns anyway. Football season is coming up, and I am a coach and teacher first, and a cattleman second! (Sometimes I wish it could be otherwise, but, well, it can't ... so there you go!)

I was wondering if there are some good websites that would help me gauge cattle prices in West Texas. I am particularly interested in prices for young Angus and Hereford heifers.

Any help and guidance would be appreciated!

Go to Cattle today's website and click on "market report" choose your state and a near by auction and it brings up a market report. Hope this helps

What part of West Texas are you in? I am working the Floydada sale and 700lb open heifers of good quality are bringing $120-$125/cwt.

If you need a good honest cattle buyer I can get you the number of the man I use.

I am in Abilene and our place is in Eastland County. Thanks, that info is exactly what I was looking for!

And thank you for the offer, but I don't need the services of a cattle buyer, because my uncle is my cattle buyer - I will go through him if I decide to buy cattle in the near future. Although, I may not be in the market for a while. We talked today about thinning the herd a little, since we have little grazing and little water right now.

Thanks again! :tiphat: