Werner Flat top

Help Support CattleToday:

paintedsky

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this bull a select sires rep is recommending him.

I am located in Alberta Canada. He had said he was the most complete bull he had seen in a long time(in person), and felt he was under utilized at this point but thinks he will preform really well.

Check out Shady Brook Angus sale book, might want to watch their sale online. Still early, so only going to see young calves. Use google and AAA to get as much info possible on him. Also see if your rep that recommended him can find out more info. I

I learned a hard lesson listening to reps a several years ago I learned that he and I liked to totally different types on cattle. I have yet to use a bull since that I have not seen his calves from or really trust someone's opinion that has seen/uses him. My rep cost me

Hogtiming":1wda3ms0 said:
I learned a hard lesson listening to reps a several years ago I learned that he and I liked to totally different types on cattle. I have yet to use a bull since that I have not seen his calves from or really trust someone's opinion that has seen/uses him. My rep cost me
Who'd he recommend, and what were the issues?

Lazy M":30o7itqp said:
Hogtiming":30o7itqp said:
Who'd he recommend, and what were the issues?
A Gar bull Lacked everything I like in cattle. But I guess they ate good for someone because I shipped them all

Thanks for your replies guys. Some great advice and info there. I am going to try him this spring(just on a couple) and I will update on how it turns out.

Paintedsky,
I don't blame you. He looks really nice to me.
Have you seen Fortress that Select Sires has?
I was looking through the Angus Journal...I think it was Feb. edition and saw some really nice calves out of him
at some sale...apologize that I don't remember which one...but he does have really high milk so you would have to be careful.
I saw that KC sold the bull at their sale and then bought him back after seeing how nice his calves were.
Hope this is the right link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA_OWBx0r2A

Heifer calf just born this morning and is doing well even in this -20 degree weather (Celsius). Will try to post pictures as time permits. I haven't even weighed her yet

Latest posts