Went bull hunting again

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Went to check on pastures today, since I hadn't for a few days...I can't believe how the grass is greening and new grass growing since the rain (so much for the "experts" saying that if the native grass hasn't grown by the 1st of June- it won't)...I was going to spend some time taking pictures of cows and calves but pretty soon found a chunk of fence ripped apart- bulls in the wrong pasture- and one bull gone- so I spent awhile straightening that all out....

An N Bar Prime Time D806 daughter out of a Juanadamere heifer
July112009002.jpg

Same calf as I found it in a snowbank March 5th..Growing up a little..
Calves2-12-09006-1.jpg

Steer calf out of an 11 year old good Cottonwood Cattle Company cow..
July112009004.jpg

Bull calf out of a Lead On daughter and sired by the Legacy 726T bull..
July112009005.jpg

A "white angus"--one of the cows that didn't breed up until I moved some cows down to the community pasture- where they run into a dukes mixture of bulls- black angus, red angus, angus-simmi cross, and charolais....
July112009003.jpg

The Wye bull telling the girls he's back after I got him out of a neighbors pasture....
July112009006.jpg

Cows down the creek- where I found the missing bull...
July112009010.jpg

Cows up the creek that now has all bulls back- for a day or two anyway...My cows are pretty well bred up- and the boys now like the other side of the fence better- and 3 wire fences don't slow down the boys when they are fighting or in love....
July112009011.jpg

:lol: Got one of those white angus this year too. Apparently, you bull faired better than mine. I got a lame bull and a white calf out of that deal.

1982vett":9f4sixbe said:
:lol: Got one of those white angus this year too. Apparently, you bull faired better than mine. I got a lame bull and a white calf out of that deal.

Oh he's doing fine- I can vouch for that as hard as I had to run him to get him cut out and heading home :roll: ....But it does appear like the bulls have really been fighting up a storm..One of the neighbors yearling bulls I took out of our pasture was really gimping on a front leg- and I have one bull that has a wire cut on a back leg apparently from fighting thru the fence- but is still getting around OK....

Latest posts