went and looked at 951c today pics

Help Support CattleToday:

scf84

Reaction score
went and looked at the 951c but not sure what to think about it. on the outside it doesnt look to beat up and abused and sounded pretty good running with very little smoke, mostly just when it cranked. but the big thing i see is undercarraige the sprockets are done to a point and i measure 5 pins and got 28 1/2 on each track which i think is pretty wore. on one side only felt 2 flat spots on the pins like it hadnt been turned but on other side i could feel 3 flat spots like it had been turned but maybe not a full half turn? and the pads are about 3/8 tall how tall are they new? the guy pulled it against a bank and showed that it would spin the tracks and showed all the gears and hydraulics worked, he said his bottom dollar is 6,200. but just not sure how long the undercarriage would last. here are some pictures of the loader what do yall think about it?any idea about how many hours the u/c might have left in it? it late and im tired so here is a link to the post i put on yesterday tractor that has the pics in it.
http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/vi ... 18#7014718

Pins have been turned and are worn out, pads are pretty much shot, the sprockets are worn out and on a 951 like that they are not segments, it is a whole sprocket that's more expensive and alot more work to put on. You can get maybe a couple hundred hours out of it by being careful, but you are buying a machine that needs all new undercarriage that isn't worth spending that kind of money on.

Looked it up, sprockets for a 951c are 885$ a sprocket, and it is one piece. Segmented sprockets for a comparable size machine are about 400$.

Latest posts