Went ahead and did it

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder":7cqwrx4t said:
You got Laurie a brand new one did ya.
Yep
She is the one who told the salesman last month that we were gonna buy a new one before next yr (was news to me) maybe she was tired of hearing me cuss the old one if something went wrong

plus she hates having to work on any piece of equipment when we are in the field, cause when anything breaks down she sees us losing $$$$ when we are working on it instead of operating it all come down to $$$$ with her
Now she is wanting to buy her another tractor she is wanting a 4WD this time that way she doesn't have to use mine for brushhogging so I guess I have a good 2WD TS110 NH with loader for sale now

I hate trying to bale hay with a handfull of tools in my pocket. Lose of production has always cost me more than than the parts to fix the breakdown.

I baled for many years using a "junker" bailer, so I understand about having a pocket full of tools, and a basket full of spare parts when you tried to use it.

Once you get the bugs out of this new one, you're going to wonder why it took you so long to buy it. I don't regret buying my new one several years ago.

1982vett":2109mvlb said:
So... ya going to get to try it out before next spring?
Probably not just don't feel like haying anymore this yr

My other baler is still a good baler for someone who wants to bale 500 or so bales a yr but was getting to the point of trying to run 200 a day thru it was gonna start having problems
got to figuring it had over 15,000 bales thru it and was time to retire it this is the first yr I had ever had any problems with it but could foresee some in the future running it as hard as we do

Going to be a long wait to try out then. But if you bale enough thru the year, when you get to October the fun of it might be gone by then. Right?

1982vett":1ofbg440 said:
Going to be a long wait to try out then. But if you bale enough thru the year, when you get to October the fun of it might be gone by then. Right?
Yep
although we didn't bale as many this yr as we could have I think the wife said between 23-2400 this yr so not as many as most yrs but I also quit this yr in august where I usually bale all they way into Oct.
I could probably bale another 4-800 of my own if I wanted but figured it was cheaper for the cows to bale it this winter instead of running the fuel thru the tractor plus it would all have to sit outside since all of the barns are full now
that is another reason I am looking at a wrapper for storing dry hay and doing sileage bales

Angus Cowman":38rq20g9 said:
She is the one who told the salesman last month that we were gonna buy a new one before next yr (was news to me) maybe she was tired of hearing me cuss the old one if something went wrong

plus she hates having to work on any piece of equipment when we are in the field, cause when anything breaks down she sees us losing $$$$ when we are working on it instead of operating it all come down to $$$$ with her
Now she is wanting to buy her another tractor she is wanting a 4WD this time that way she doesn't have to use mine for brushhogging so I guess I have a good 2WD TS110 NH with loader for sale now

AC you have a rare thing in a wife that wants to buy equipment. Mine complains when I need to buy hay and vaccines.

cypressfarms":e4yjoad9 said:
Angus Cowman":e4yjoad9 said:

AC you have a rare thing in a wife that wants to buy equipment. Mine complains when I need to buy hay and vaccines.
Yep she is a pretty good one Cypress
She looks at $$$ and since this is our only job she sees that down time cost lots of money
she is on a tractor probably as much as I am in a yrs time so she understands the need for good equipment

Latest posts