welll my friends

Help Support CattleToday:

Dixieangus

Reaction score
My trip to the sale barn was unsuccesful :( i didnt purchase anything becaue they didnt have any thing i was interested in..But o well ill try again next time...

Some of the old timers around here claim more money is made by buying the right cattle than buy selling the cattle. Take your time and get what you want to fit your needs.

Dixieangus":2h62s4bj said:
My trip to the sale barn was unsuccesful :( i didnt purchase anything becaue they didnt have any thing i was interested in..But o well ill try again next time...
I have had more trips where I leave empty than not, and I am disappointed too. But I would as soon go home empty than go home with something I didn't really want, short the money to buy what I was looking for. Good for you for keeping your number in your lap, besides it is a good way to spend an afternoon. :nod:

Dixie, I think if you didn't see anything you liked and still came home empty you did very well. You know what you want and what will fit your needs, the right cows will show up.. ;-)

I have came home empty more times than with something. Sometimes I am kicking myself for not bidding a little higher but that is history. Guess I am bad about second guessing my self. Got to do what your comfortable with.

I've been to plenty of production sales with catalog in hand and a list of cows that appear to be what I'm looking for. Most times I come back empty. Going to the sale barn and taking pot luck would be even more of an opportunity to jsut practice hauling an empty trailer.

I always hated buying feeders and only getting one or two, then trying to figure a pen for two cattle. Lot of times when the sale is over if I only got a few, the guy that runs the sale will either put mine with his or I'll buy his to go with the ones I got.

Larry

That's ironic. I am kicking myself for NOT making a buy at a sale this past Saturday. Not a cattle sale, just small animals and a few horses.

We could have bought a matched team of ponies, 3 year olds, broke to ride and drive, trained and consigned by an Amish family, for $600!!! They were no-saled because they couldn't get 'em bid up to $300 each. But we didn't bring a trailer. :cry2:

Latest posts