Well

Help Support CattleToday:

No. I had asked for a hardcover copy of The Amateur signed by the POTUS but for some reason I didn't get it.

I got way too much CB. Rain was the wonderful. Lap top, I-phone, wallet, lithium batteries for the cordless tools, slippers that are warm and padded, sealing food containers, nice knife, and hugs from all 5 grandbabies. Food was good.

Tried putting together one of those basketball goals and got the pipes wrong. In town with no tools and could not get the pipes back apart. Took them home and will get it done tonight. Bicycles were assembled with no issues before Christmas. Got everything else put together and hung a bunch of blinds too. The only thing that ate my lunch was that doggone basketball goal.

Woke up next to my beautiful wife, had air in my lungs, sun was shining, and the health of my kids. What more could a guy ask for

We all had a fine day got 1 1/2" rain and now the sun is out here to. My son's friends drove up last night to go hunting and no one woke up. The does got the AM off, but they are in trouble this afternoon.

Christmas is always my favorite time of the year but this year was sort of depressing. With kids, grandkids etc. and all having to try to get to see everyone seems no one could work out their schedule to come to our place this year. We've known it for several weeks but still made for along boring day. Not even any football games on TV. I've told them for years not to buy us presents so that was not a problem but sure missed seeing them. We watched a couple of old westerns on tv, listened to Christmas music, went riding around in the country so had a good day just spending time together.

I got socks. Nike socks. If you have never worn them try them. They have elestic around the arch of your foot not just the top. They never slide down in rubber boots.

TexasBred":2ocxbwwf said:
Christmas is always my favorite time of the year but this year was sort of depressing. With kids, grandkids etc. and all having to try to get to see everyone seems no one could work out their schedule to come to our place this year. We've known it for several weeks but still made for along boring day. Not even any football games on TV. I've told them for years not to buy us presents so that was not a problem but sure missed seeing them. We watched a couple of old westerns on tv, listened to Christmas music, went riding around in the country so had a good day just spending time together.

I know what you are talking about TB we got to see all our's Sat and Sun then everyone was off to see Santa at home.
It was really nice, first time in a while we could get them all together at the same time.
Got really nice Case Sowbelly with Stag handles, Mrs. cooked a ham we watched old movies and I reloaded ammo.

My son from Denver was here with their baby girl. That was the best present of all.

He bought a new Ruger AR while he was here so we wnt out and ran a couple of Mags thru it. Shooting with my son was pretty cool also!

I got an Innotec electronic predator call with a 300 yard remote control, went deer hunting and killed a meat doe, took both my boys shooting, put out hay and had a great Christmas dinner with my family and my parents. I would call it a success :)

I had too much Christmas. It started on Saturday and ran through 10:30 last night. It was absolutley great to see family and friends but I don't know how one would survive 12 days of Christmas.

Nope! I'm still sick!
Oh well I did get that musical clock I wanted though. Good thing the clerk knew what I wanted, hubby picked the wrong one! :lol2:

Bigfoot":3csllwzy said:
I got socks. Nike socks. If you have never worn them try them. They have elestic around the arch of your foot not just the top. They never slide down in rubber boots.

Where does a feller buy socks big enough to fit your foot? :lol: :mrgreen:

We had to do three of them to cover everyone this year. With the kids growing up and getting married things tend to get spread out. First it was the wife's kids, then mine and Saturday we'll do the wife's brother and mom. I have a brother that could care less about getting together since Dad died, so he does his kids and grand-kids Christmas morning then heads to the lease.

I got a great picture of my daughter and the gran-kids, and a light for the bill of my cap. That was more than I was wanting and just tickled me to death.

Bigfoot":1hzeeb5u said:
If you wear rubber boots a lot like we have to here you need to find some Bama socks. The commercal fishermen wear them. They are like a ankle sock that you wear outside your regular socks. They keep your socks from sliding off and they absorb/wick away moisture so your feet stay dry. I get them at a fishermens supply outfit in Astoria. One of the best inventions yet for when you need to wear rubber boots all day.

Nope! All I asked for was a helicopter with deweeze squeeze bale arms attached. Got some tools, a knife, and lined camo crocks instead. I was dreaming of checking cows and doing bale drops from the air. Maybe next year. :(

Isomade":1f9cbfc5 said:
Nope! All I asked for was a helicopter with deweeze squeeze bale arms attached. Got some tools, a knife, and lined camo crocks instead. I was dreaming of checking cows and doing bale drops from the air. Maybe next year. :(
Sorry about your misconceptions on the heli, would or been a really rancher then! :lol2:
I love having crocks to wear around when i'm just working in the shed.

I got a new ax, some snow camo gloves and hat, and a 6 in 1 beard trimmer...do you think they are trying to tell me something? :???:

GF gave me some camo flannel sheets. I put those on the bed and I will blend right in. She will never be able to find me.

My son got me a video camera to put out in the woods, so i can maybe see some interesting wildlife-the mountain lion or black panther that many say are here-can't wait!