Well that's just great *UPDATE*

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
Our first load of this years hay left for Kentucky early this morning. The driver had a little issue though he rolled the semi at the I75/I64 Interchange. :roll: Well I haven't seen the pictures yet, but our trailer is fine and the hay is suposed to be too. The semi, which luckily was not ours, needless to say is ruined. My dad and the owner of the trucking company have to go down in the morning to check everything out. Although the driver said the bales were fine Dad wants to double check them before they're delivered to the farm.

BTW whoever designed that interchange wasn't to intelligent. :dunce:

FarmGirl10":3nw5315u said:
Try to hire as many Ga.Tech Civil Engineers as the Ohio budget will allow and this problem will be eliminated.

ga. prime":3sqvw0c1 said:
FarmGirl10":3sqvw0c1 said:
Try to hire as many Ga.Tech Civil Engineers as the Ohio budget will allow and this problem will be eliminated.
Ummm, this Interchange is just North of Lexington, Kentucky.

Yeah, it was the drivers fault, but I've driven that often enough to know that it is very problematic. The ramp speeds are 25 mph, which i think is way to slow for an interchange.

ga. prime":1ksglocf said:
So, what are you saying?
You said that Ohio should hire Georgia Tech Civil Engineers, that may be true. But Kentucky needs to hire them. :nod:

FarmGirl10":2seolozm said:
ga. prime":2seolozm said:
So, what are you saying?
You said that Ohio should hire Georgia Tech Civil Engineers, that may be true. But Kentucky needs to hire them. :nod:

Based on I-75 in Georgia, I don't think they would ever finish the job. Or are we going to have the olympics in Atlanta again?;-) :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":27ueraa4 said:
FarmGirl10":27ueraa4 said:
ga. prime":27ueraa4 said:
So, what are you saying?

Based on I-75 in Georgia, I don't think they would ever finish the job. Or are we going to have the olympics in Atlanta again?;-) :lol2: :lol2:

Now many years have they been working on I-75 now? 20? 30? 50? Since it's inception....

I-75 will never be finished. Since it can't get much wider, the next step will be to double deck it like some of the expressways in NYC.

Ryder":1arjovsj said:
FarmGirl10":1arjovsj said:
Over half of the load and the semi trailer were ruined.
And the driver said the bales were fine :?: :roll:
Yeah, the driver blamed it on the way KDot reloaded them onto the trailer.

Ryder":u3vs7whr said:
FarmGirl10":u3vs7whr said:

And the speed limit was 25 mph. :help:

Gotta hope for insurance (or maybe not) or just grab what bales are left and move on.

No local hay, Farmgirl?

BeefmasterB":1rx4u0bf said:
Ryder":1rx4u0bf said:
FarmGirl10":1rx4u0bf said:

And the speed limit was 25 mph. :help:

Gotta hope for insurance (or maybe not) or just grab what bales are left and move on.

No local hay, Farmgirl?
Yeah, the trucking company's insurance is going to cover it. But it's still a pain.

That was hay that we were shipping to one of the horse farms near Versailles. We've sold a lot of hay in Kentucky and in more recent years have started shipping it to Florida and Georgia. I'm not trying to advertise, but if you guys down South don't get your needed rain you've got someone to talk to. ;-)

FarmGirl10":3itypoxc said:
Yeah, the trucking company's insurance is going to cover it. But it's still a pain.

That was hay that we were shipping to one of the horse farms near Versailles. We've sold a lot of hay in Kentucky and in more recent years have started shipping it to Florida and Georgia. I'm not trying to advertise, but if you guys down South don't get your needed rain you've got someone to talk to. ;-)

Well, I always need someone to talk to :cowboy: . About hay, I mean.

Latest posts