Well, that was fun...

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire":1x20mkx2 said:
rockridgecattle":1x20mkx2 said:
Well, that was fun is not over for me.I got a virus on thursday/ friday that I might have to wipe my laptop. It's not able to access email and the virus shifts and creates it's own files. Right now i am on hubby's desktop trying to make sure that his computer stays clean. Funny thing is my antivirus did not stop it. It's up to date and all.
So if i caused this, my deepest apologies Macon. Oh my head hurts
I see a computer wipe and reinstall in my future, maybe two depending if one stays healthy

There could be several programs downloadable from the internet that will get rid of your issue. However, you have to be careful. Do a search for grannyso's recent posts. I think he had a recommendation of a site to remove some virusi.

Here is the site:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

yes so glad to have cattletoday back up an running.i talked to my uncle yesterday about dissabling my virus protector or uninstalling it since it doest work.but it did block me from cattletoday since CT had the virus.an my uncle said to go download avast.an install it.

I would suggest everyone go to Mozy.com and set up a free account to back up your computers. They have a free version. I've had to use it once or twice and it does come in handy if you have to restore your computer after everything gets wiped out.

M Gravlee":gje47jj0 said:
As many of you know we had a virus on this server. The culprit had our ftp password and used an automatic script to download hundreds of our files, added his virus (which redirected you to a site in Canada) and re-uploaded them....

The .cn redirect was to China.

SRBeef":3txerpjt said:
M Gravlee":3txerpjt said:
As many of you know we had a virus on this server. The culprit had our ftp password and used an automatic script to download hundreds of our files, added his virus (which redirected you to a site in Canada) and re-uploaded them....

The .cn redirect was to China.

You are so right. Guess I was too foggy brained to remember Canada is .ca :dunce:

Great job Macon.
I'm sure glad to be able to come on and see what everyone is up to and talking about.
Took me forever to get logged on, but finally made it. CT didn't like my password. :D

I ran both my AVG and Spyware Stop. I also downloaded Avast.
I'm good.

dun":3bygl0ae said:
If you're using internet explorer, click tools, internet options and delete your history. That will remove the virus from your machine. From what I'vew been able to see it only affected the server but the tag for the virus is stored in the history. Doesn;t do anything but it's there.

I had some issues with my security system being able to do the updates, couldn't figure out what was going on so, its in the repair shop, now that I read this, makes me wonder if it isn't a virus. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

GMN

I was wondering what was happening. When I tried accessing the site, it was blocked with the explanation that it contained a virus. I was very pleased when the normal icon showed up in my bookmarks showing that everything was OK.

I really enjoy and appreciate this site. Thank you for all that you do.

GMN":35w9p27o said:
dun":35w9p27o said:
If you're using internet explorer, click tools, internet options and delete your history. That will remove the virus from your machine. From what I'vew been able to see it only affected the server but the tag for the virus is stored in the history. Doesn;t do anything but it's there.

I had some issues with my security system being able to do the updates, couldn't figure out what was going on so, its in the repair shop, now that I read this, makes me wonder if it isn't a virus. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

GMN

And if you're using internet explorer, stop using it.

Download firefox or opera for your browser and use them. They are much safer and virus resistant than explorer.

VanC":3f5dio0c said:
All I know is my computer gets a bug every time I read one of chippie's posts. :D
:oops: A couple of times I actually thought there was a bug on my screen. :dunce:

LOL
grin.gif