Well that was a new one for me - think you could figure it out?

Help Support CattleToday:

bird dog":gudu37dr said:
How long after you put a magnet in a cow would you expect to see results?

I have noticed results in a 24 hours, in the past. But that is only if you get right on top of it once you notice symptoms. Much easier to just give them as a preventative measure.

Cow finally died today. Not much left of her, babying her every day. Went through several rounds of Resflor, Dexamethsone and Penicillin to finally get the fever down which only finally happened in the last week, and then several bouts of drenches to stimulate some kind of eating. Even bought a pricey bottle of Ketamalt to give her a boost. Daily consultations with my preferred vet to formulate a game plan. Wouldn't eat anything the past two weeks - even bought a alfalfa silage bale from the neighbor to really try and entice her, nothing. With a vet bill and several bottles of drugs and electrolytes factored in, I spent $850 trying to keep the girl going these past two months - beat the old record of $600. What ticked me off was that the local vet was too busy today to do a post mortem, so I guess questions will remain unanswered.

Stocker Steve":1jeqyont said:
Sorry to hear. I know it is extra hard to lose one after you get so vested. Just have to know you did what you could...
That's why I generally spare no expense in treating them. Sleep better at night.

Sorry you lost her. Also sorry to hear that a necropsy couldn't be done. That's especially aggravating. It sure would have been nice to (possibly) get some definitive answers.

Thanks for the update.

well that sucks, and doubly so that you can't ever really know what it was...

Did you include your time in there? you may have beaten my record just with minimum wage :p

Aaron":e140qhgp said:
Stocker Steve":e140qhgp said:
Sorry to hear. I know it is extra hard to lose one after you get so vested. Just have to know you did what you could...
That's why I generally spare no expense in treating them. Sleep better at night.
So sorry about your cow.You definitely did do all you could, way more than most. Bottom line, it still hurts, & everyone who's followed your journey feels for you.