Well that was a Disaster..

Help Support CattleToday:

So the old cliche still holds true? "No good deed goes unpunished"

Tried to give us a shiny new server and it went wrong. Thanks for all the work getting us back!!

Evidently lots more going on here. I'm still not getting notices, but "things" are missing now.
No icons to the left of Boards or threads. No list of boards on the bottom. And it's as slow as molasses. Poor Macon.

The "things" problem should be fixed, The missing emails appear to be caused by no reverse DNS. Some mail servers block emails from servers with no RDNS as a spam prevention measure. That should be fixed by tomorrow. Let me know if you start getting emails from us.

And here you thought you were done. Thanks Macon for continuing to tweak the boards.

I'll let you know if I get the e-mail.

I also noticed (along with Jeanne) that 'things' were missing and some other odd-ball stuff earlier today. I (safely) assumed it was just some unresolved issues with the new server.

Thanks again for 'workinonit'.

Katherine.

on dial-up it's working just the same as always. Exept the smilies usually start showing after 2 - 5 minutes on a page and I'm not seeing them beside the posting box either.

Dave":22n6s6bd said:
Things have been real slow. It is acting like I have dial up instead of the T-1 line that runs in here.
That's exactly what I was thinking - just like dial-up. Plus I'm STILL not getting my notices. So hard to tell what posts have "new posts". My brain can't remember all these!
This must be a nightmare for Macon.

I just view everything in the unread post section. If I want to post a new topic is the only time I look at the board index. I am still getting the little red box off to the side of the topic that tells you if there are any new posts since you last opened it.

Not getting my notifications about PM's either. Checked my preferences, and they're still correct.
Is there something I can to do to fix it? Sorry to be a bother :D

Latest posts