Well, she's all black.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Rustler9

Reaction score
EthanCows008.jpg

02 Diego Bunk's Galloway daughter-linebred Blackwood's Diego (3 times). She's all black and all Longhorn. Has a black daughter by the black Quill grandson, same sire as the red heifer in the other post.

:shock: :shock: how can anyone call her "a heck of a nice cow" or "right nice"
All she is is HORNS. Sorry, not my kind of ?? anything.
I realize you were trying to prove a point of LH being black without Angus in them. If I was an Angus breeder, I definately wouldn't hang my hat on her horns and claim any part of her.
We all have our own likes & dislikes, and she may be beautiful to you, but.....
To me, all I see is skin & bones with frail little sticks for legs --- and lots of HORN that I would NEVER want to be around.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3dbr6j7a said:
:shock: :shock: how can anyone call her "a heck of a nice cow" or "right nice"All she is is HORNS. Sorry, not my kind of ?? anything.
I realize you were trying to prove a point of LH being black without Angus in them. If I was an Angus breeder, I definately wouldn't hang my hat on her horns and claim any part of her.
To me, all I see is skin & bones with frail little sticks for legs --- and lots of HORN that I would NEVER want to be around.
longhorn........looks like the breeders, breed em for different reasons.. one wants horns, one hide, another want's em beefier

Jeanne your being way to tough :) Let me take another look. :nod:

Well 8) You are exactly right. Other then potential black powder horns, and some course dry burger. Ummm maybe some hide. Not much else in that critter.

After I posted on this thread, I looked at Rustler's other thread. He said, "Ya'll may not like Longhorns but I don't see much to not like about these."
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Sorry, but I can't see anything I like about them at all.
I've got to quit. I'm being nasty. It just amazes me what some people think is beautiful and others ---- don't!
I actually have seen some good looking LH's. There was a herd right here in NY & a friend of ours managed the herd for a short time. We went out & visited with him & walked around the cattle. Friend had little kids & they were walking with us. One of them kinda kicked out at a mama cow - holy crap - she let out a beller & before we could say boo - we were surrounded by horns - lots of them. Made a believer out of me - I want no part of them.
Ryan posts some really good looking LH's. I understand you want to raise LH's but raising them with a little natural meat on their bones would be preferable.

Jeanne....growing horns on them is the easy part....now puttin' meat on them....well that's a different story. ;-)

Red Bull Breeder":1x6mp7xq said:
BUT SHE'S BLACK!!! Don't that make it ok??
Hmmm - let me think. Noooo - remember I'm the one that says "I don't care if they are purple & polka dotta - just so they are GOOD!"
If I could sell spotted Simmental's for the money I get for my reds & blacks, I would definately have them. I love the SPOTS!! adds character.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2zgu5pqb said:

No offense Jeanne but she would get pig fat in country that would starve your Sims to death in a week.

Personally I wouldn't own one but they are purty for what they are, and they were beef before any of the northern European breeds ever saw this country.

Why not give the old girl some respect.?

3waycross":1d55g4i3 said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1d55g4i3 said:
I realize you were trying to prove a point of LH being black without Angus in them. If I was an Angus breeder, I definitely wouldn't hang my hat on her horns and claim any part of her.

No offense Jeanne but she would get pig fat in country that would starve your Sims to death in a week.

Personally I wouldn't own one but they are purty for what they are, and they were beef before any of the northern European breeds ever saw this country.

Why not give the old girl some respect.?

With the drought we are having I bet long horn would do pretty d@mn well here..BTW I am sick of the b@tch slapping and bull sh@t that is thrown around here lately. Grow up people........
Also, there are some long horn out in pasture about 10 miles away and they are fat, next time I go to the city I will grab my camera and zoom in and get some pics ,,it is an odd thing too see here in Alberta..

I like the critiquing and getting constructive criticism but this ganging up and bullying is not right, we are adults. And Jeanne, this is in no way reflected to you, it is what has been going on lately with this board..

First of all, this thread was at the very least supposed to be a little less than serious to begin with. At least that was how it seemed to me.

Then poor ole Bigbull said what he always says (something nice). Which by the way is his perogative.
I think someone could dip a bullfrog in cowshyt and post it on here and being the nice guy he is bigbull would most likely say something nice about it. So why did he deserve to get his a$$ handed to him.

If anyone showed their rear end here it was Jeanne who I usually have a lot of respect for but not on this thread. :shock:

Then I put in my 2 cents and get my a$$ handed to me by HD, and by the way I wasn't trying to be mean or nasty just making a statement about the contribution of Longhorns to this country. :cowboy:

All I can say at this point is "Are we havin fun yet"????

PS Whoever peed in HD's wheaties better stop it. She's startin to scare me! :help:

Not to you at all 3wc I was agreeing with you ,,,very very sorry if it came across as anything else Please accept my deepest apologies. :( If anything I was agreeing with you and I love BB as well. Tiss not my fault you are two very kind and sweet fellas. I was referring to the breed bashing that has been going on here lately.

Are we still friends ??? Sorry for any misunderstanding. :heart:

while I agree that Jeanne may have been a little strong worded, I have to say I agree with her (please dont throw things at me hd)

The thing is, longhorns are supposed to be really good in areas with little feed, on weeds and scrub etc, right?

Well in that photo I see a whole lot of feed there - weeds and such - that supposedly would be ample feed for a longhorn. Shouldnt this girl be "pig fat"?

Red Bull Breeder":1yocl2cg said:
She is standing in a patch of thistle. Hard to tell her condition from a head on picture.

Seems to me like there is ample feed, not all thistle (besides which even my soft little MGs will have a good go at those). And considering I can see her brisket, ribs, hips and pelvis, I'd say yes, I can judge her condition and she is not fat.

Latest posts