well pump

Help Support CattleToday:

Central Fl Cracker

Reaction score
I have a 6" well casing on one of our new pastures but there is no electricity and the closest point for power is a mile away. A few years back I saw a setup with a well were they had some kind of gasoline pump above ground and pump the water up from the well. I need help on how to set this up and were to buy a gas pump.

Have you checked out solar pumping.

Submersible pump is a little pricy but in my experience the solar pumping works very well.

pdfangus":1scfndvt said:
Have you checked out solar pumping.

Submersible pump is a little pricy but in my experience the solar pumping works very well.
Angus/brangus has a 12 volt submersable pump that runs of a generator. It seems to work great. I see no reason why it would not do the same off solar.

12 volt running off of a generator?
Automobile type generator?

I pump with solar to storage tank and then gravity feed to tanks with float valves.

depending on depth and volume, using gas to pump water can get pretty dang expensive, pencil out a solar system

Don't forget to include the costs of delivering that fuel to the generator, wear and tear on deliver vehicle etc. A mile is pretty far and expensive to run electricity but it might even pay over the long term life of the well vs using a generator.

Latest posts