Well, I thought it was funny

Help Support CattleToday:

regolith

Reaction score
Checked the mail this evening and there was a postcard from the vet clinic... I thought it would be addressed to my cat like the last two have been but no, my eyes skimmed:
"focus on calf rearing" (hmm... do I need to attend a vet seminar to learn how to rear calves?)
"special 'Ladies Day'" (probably not)
bright pink banner (definitely not. thanks all the same)

then I turned the card over. It was addressed:

to the calf rearer
c/o Mr Regolith

Methinks someone at the vet clinic had their brain out of gear for a few seconds.

regolith":2y6by7wj said:
Checked the mail this evening and there was a postcard from the vet clinic... I thought it would be addressed to my cat like the last two have been but no, my eyes skimmed:
"focus on calf rearing" (hmm... do I need to attend a vet seminar to learn how to rear calves?)

to the calf rearer
c/o Mr Regolith

Methinks someone at the vet clinic had their brain out of gear for a few seconds.
That is not uncommon.

Ryder":3073oo4s said:
regolith":3073oo4s said:

to the calf rearer
c/o Mr Regolith

like the Vet Tech who suggested that i pay in advance for having my dog put down since i was gonna be too broke up to write a check afterwards. My guess is that she didn't suggest that again any time soon!

3waycross":2uv75w60 said:
Ryder":2uv75w60 said:
regolith":2uv75w60 said:

to the calf rearer
c/o Mr Regolith

like the Vet Tech who suggested that i pay in advance for having my dog put down since i was gonna be too broke up to write a check afterwards. My guess is that she didn't suggest that again any time soon!

Same thing happened to my wife a few years ago. Her vet had retired and she took the dog to one down the street. Made her pay up front. The dog needed to be put down quickly so she went ahead and had them do it, but it was the first and last time they ever saw her face. We now have a great vet about 20 miles away, plus an excellent vet school close by at the U. of Illinois.

Don't feel bad. We... meaning I... landscaped with roses on the fence lines and cut flowers from seed everywhere there's a spare patch of dirt. My wife can't get weeds to stay alive much less flowers and yet a few times every spring someone will see me out farming and stop me to ask if they thought my wife would mind if they cut a few of her flowers... I tell them she probably wouldn't mind but they needed to go ask her. :lol: People that have known us both for years still just assume that the garden is all hers.

cow pollinater":3efswz9a said:
Don't feel bad. We... meaning I... landscaped with roses on the fence lines and cut flowers from seed everywhere there's a spare patch of dirt. My wife can't get weeds to stay alive much less flowers and yet a few times every spring someone will see me out farming and stop me to ask if they thought my wife would mind if they cut a few of her flowers... I tell them she probably wouldn't mind but they needed to go ask her. :lol: People that have known us both for years still just assume that the garden is all hers.

Yep. I've got friends where the wife does most of the practical farming on their unit, he's got outside interests and most people give him all the credit for a tidy, well-run farm.
And while it's admittedly rare, I do know of farms where a guy does all the calf rearing and loves the job.

Guess they thought you needed a laugh. ;) You should write "no thanks" Return to sender :lol:

Latest posts