Well I Am Stumped

Help Support CattleToday:

Well I watch this show on tv called finding Bigfoot and apparently there are a lot of them in east Texas. Just saying.

You may want to go out tonight and beat on a tree with a piece of firewood and see if anything answers back. If it does you may find Bigfoot! Those folks on that show sure can't seem to find him.

Deepsouth":10cvsteg said:
Well I watch this show on tv called finding Bigfoot and apparently there are a lot of them in east Texas. Just saying.

You may want to go out tonight and beat on a tree with a piece of firewood and see if anything answers back. If it does you may find Bigfoot! Those folks on that show sure can't seem to find him.

Those yahoos would pee down both legs from someone in the woods after dark
with a ligthin bug in a mason jar and a duck call.

I hate that for you. It's bad enough to lose one but not knowing what happened makes it worse.
Usually just calf on open pasture here and this fall I had an older cow birth twins. I saw both calves but didn't even get close enough to determine sex. She was cudding and both calves were in sight of her. Went back the next morning to only one calf. I walked for hours. Absolutely nothing. She didn't do anything to help as she had one nursing. Hope you get it figured out.

fitz

Brute 23":2knexkal said:
If you had a cat or some other predator there would be other things going on between you and your neighbors. Also, you could tell it in your cattle. They wouldn't be laying around like its no big deal.
:nod: Honestly, I'll bet she has it hidden somewhere. Dead calves don't hide for very long but live ones are really good at it. I don't even start to wonder for about ten days.
With my cows you can tell if there's a cat or bear around. They will grab those babies and head for high ground. :nod:

TexasBred":2558mzeq said:
Dang that's a kick in the "shin"....check the neighbors..one might have a new "bottle calf".

I agree check the neighbors.Cattle use to come up missing here on sale barn day... Imagine that.

alisonb":3wi1e2k8 said:
I'm gonna bet it's still inside her...though I sure hope it's turned up by now CB.

I've seen them hollow in the side, placenta out and little tears in the vulva... and the calf's still inside.
And then there's some you have to palpate to find out who the spare calf belongs to, because there isn't a mark on them.
But it's a very good rancher who never loses one without knowing what happened.

Sorry yours turned out the way it did CB.

Those little rascals can up and disappear far to easy.

Yesterday, I was going to get the cows off the oats. Thought it strange that one cow was standing by the cowlot by herself....till I saw she wasn't by herself. I guess the calf had laid down by the chute and when it got up it was on the inside.

Glad it turned out ok for me this time.

Latest posts