Well crud! Thought I had sold the place.

Help Support CattleToday:

Keeping standing your ground.
If they find anything on your place while drilling this buyer just wants her fingers in the pie.
If the realator calls one more time about selling the rights just ask them what part of NO do you not understand?

I just don't trust realators too much.

You can't "blame" the Realtor.. her / his obligation to the seller is to let you know ALL offers / counter offers. Would you trust a Realtor to just negotiate it for you? What if you had a change of heart between the third and fourth offer?

Lammie, I understand you're reluctance to sell your mineral rights, as that's pretty typical all over the state right now. Have you considered giving the prospective buyer executor rights to the surface estate only? I suspect the buyers biggest concern is having a well drilled near the house/ barn, etc.

If the typical market up there is selling without minerals, then the buyer shouldn't be surprised that you're not willing to let yours go.

Bull Lady I have a couple of friends that made an offer on a place west of us. The owners were in Arizonia. The realtor never passed on their offer. Then the realtor tried to make them extend their deadline. They gave them 30 days to respond.
Uncle sold his place and the realtor tried to get a family heirloom. An old wood/coal burning stove that their mother bought out of the back of a wagon in the 1920's-1930's.
If they can squeeze another dollar out of you they will.

Latest posts