Welding machines

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
I've been waiting for years to buy a new welding machine.. we have an old Miller Dialarc 250 stick welder, and it does well enough, but I'm getting into a little bit of specialty stuff with aluminum welding, etc, and I needed something with better capabilities.
At my old job, I had used a Miller Synchrowave 180 and 220, and found those to be pretty capable machines, and as I was cruising Craigslist, I found a 250 with all the bells and whistles for $1500.. everything except the gas bottle. I can easily adapt it to stick or MIG welding as well, has a liquid cooled torch and transformers, pulse and sequencer, Ac with DC balance, high frequency.. Figure I can make some nice looking stuff with it.. perhaps more bumpers? My friend used to weld beer cans when he got bored... I'm going to have to learn to do that!

I think it's a pretty comprehensive welding unit that can do whatever I need it to.. it has a peak of 300 amps, which ought to be plenty unless you're doing forestry and mining equipment.

How does TIG work on cast? Does it work for brazing? I would imagine it should but you never know

Nesikep":36m3looi said:
Darnit... it got sold and not to me... oh well, I'm $1500 richer I guess :p

I'm not an expert on welders but I know if it's a bargain, it won't be on Craigs List very long.

Latest posts