Welcome Tropical Storm Harvey

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":33w8fbt9 said:
littletom":33w8fbt9 said:
We got what was left of Harvey today. 7'' of rain and 40mph wind it blew down 50 acres of my tobacco last night. Very expensive loss for me. Yet nothing compared to those in Texas I feel for you and prayers sent your way.

I'm in the northern part of the state littletom and we didn't get near what they originally called for. I hope your crop was insured.
It is adjustier coming Tuesday morning to start the ordeal.

littletom":2kigh6qy said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2kigh6qy said:
littletom":2kigh6qy said:
We got what was left of Harvey today. 7'' of rain and 40mph wind it blew down 50 acres of my tobacco last night. Very expensive loss for me. Yet nothing compared to those in Texas I feel for you and prayers sent your way.

I'm in the northern part of the state littletom and we didn't get near what they originally called for. I hope your crop was insured.
It is adjustier coming Tuesday morning to start the ordeal.

Good luck.

I had an adjuster call me Friday about 445pm. I called him back at 515 and left a message with my name, number and told him he could call me back at any time or even text me to confirm a time next week.

I have not heard back from him so I'm guessing he's a M-F, 9-5er. This will be one of those deals like trying to get direct tv out... just take off the whole week.

Brute 23":2s1kpm4r said:
I had an adjuster call me Friday about 445pm. I called him back at 515 and left a message with my name, number and told him he could call me back at any time or even text me to confirm a time next week.

I have not heard back from him so I'm guessing he's a M-F, 9-5er. This will be one of those deals like trying to get direct tv out... just take off the whole week.
I'm taking that 24 hr. adjuster training course tomorrow.....should be down by Wednesday for sure. :lol: :lol:

Brute 23":2s1i5whl said:
Glad to hear all is well GB.

The only thing I regret is before the storm I filled the 100g tank on back of my truck with red. Hind-sight I should have put pump diesel just in case I needed to run it in my truck.

They say that red diesel is exactly the same now except for the die but it still voids the warranty.
Red is the exact same and non-red. It burns fine and doesn't void the warranty. And after a tank or two of "clean" fuel no one will ever know it had red in it.
Lots of trucks run days or weeks off the hwy's and don't see taxed fuel.

But don't get caught with the red fuel in the tank of your truck. In VA it cost me $2014 last year. This was in a parked truck with the transmission bad. It couldn't move

kenny thomas":2hplfao7 said:
But don't get caught with the red fuel in the tank of your truck. In VA it cost me $2014 last year. This was in a parked truck with the transmission bad. It couldn't move

I surprised they haven't lifted the restrictions on using it, they did in Rita for sure. I am almost positive on Ike as well.

Seen regular gas at Three Rivers this morning for 2.55. 15 miles down the road I,filled up for 2.39. Diesel cheaper than gas down here in South TX.

Caustic Burno":o5aqijc0 said:
kenny thomas":o5aqijc0 said:

I surprised they haven't lifted the restrictions on using it, they did in Rita for sure. I am almost positive on Ike as well.

That was going to be my defense if I actually got caught. It was an emergency during Harvey. :)

Related I guess...
What kind of ailments to look for in cattle that have been flooded, floated, thrown against trees, thru and over fences and survived? I haven't seen any signs of injury other than barbwire cuts, and haven't noticed any respiratory problems, but is there anything else I should look for?

Well we survived. I guess I do have perverse sense of humor on the flooding in Houston.

After IKe and Rita they were doing cartwheels to get pods up to serve people in Houston . Meanwhile in Liberty and Chambers and Jefferson where the storm did the most damage and help was needed most we got squat.
Guess we didn't have " Shelia Jackson where's my weeve Lee" holler about her constituents have shingles off and no elerctricity. Meanwhile we don't even have a roof ,,pissed me off big time.

So " Shelia" scream all you want" now you have a reason.

Caustic Burno":u4fueeyc said:
kenny thomas":u4fueeyc said:

Restrictions have been lifted!

http://www.nacsonline.com/Media/Dai...utm_medium=email&utm_term=450404#.WbFSHcaQxaQ

Good news but I think the cutoff date of Sept 15 is a bit premature or shortsighted. There will be lots of diesel used in the cleanup efforts.
Houstoncutter--I'm kinda busy repairing fences, but if you need some help, let me know. Inspected all the fences finally yesterday, and they need some work but will hold my cows. Most of my stuff can wait.
I'm going to PM you my Ph #.

kenny thomas":kccnxpjf said:
Greybeard, did you find all your cattle and fund out who owns the ones in your field.
Everything is sorted out regarding whose cows are whose in this neck of the woods. All but 3 of mine came back. 2 are known to have drowned..floated up in a neighbor's pasture a couple miles downstream.
The black white faced horned cow I've had for several years is still missing, and at this point, I have to assume she drowned as well.

Funny thing about the cows getting out of the 2 specific areas I put them in the day before the river came up . They shouldn't have really..not the mature ones anyway and I have to assume darkness had something to do with it. I'm going to post on that subject in the retrospect thread, hoping to get some insight from someone who has had flood water in the past.

A guy we do some work for has quite a few cattle in Rockport. He said most the fences are gone where they are. Every ones cattle are kind of free ranging together right now.

That's sounds like a night mare and reminds me I need to be more diligent about branding.

Brute 23":g4a4kf8d said:
A guy we do some work for has quite a few cattle in Rockport. He said most the fences are gone where they are. Every ones cattle are kind of free ranging together right now.

That's sounds like a night mare and reminds me I need to be more diligent about branding.

Sounds like Rita here amazingly there was little confusion most people were able to call their own back out of the woods.
We didn't have the high water to mess with their brain just typical hurricane wind,tornadoes and rain.
There wasn't an intact fence in this part of the world after Rita

Latest posts