Welcome Buttercup

Help Support CattleToday:

bishopcattleco TB you gave your opinion like he bought the cow to win the state fair.Busting peoples bubble is something you are very good at.This to is all just my opinion."comprende"I do live in America but I donk speak there spanish language.

Bishop I'd wish every mom and dad would get their child a calf they thought had a chance at winning the state fair. To do otherwise is a waste of time and money and not fair to the child. As for busting someone's bubble...I think everybody appreciates a straight forward assessment of an animal. You might not but then you like Corrientes too. Maybe they can teach you some spanish. I'll help you out...corriente means "trash". Not to "bust your bubble" but maybe you should just work on your English. :mrgreen:

I've dealt with literally thousands of jerseys and one of the things that has always jumped out at me is how fast they change from freshening to about eighty days in milk... I've seen a ton of them that are curly haired like the one in the picture as fresh heifers that you wouldn't recognize as the same cattle in two months. It's to hard to judge them until they pick up some. We have a show cow guy out here that hides his fresh cows until they bloom.

I luv herfrds, Just a suggestion... Iatola was one of the greatest bulls in the breed and in my opinion WAY under-used. There is still alot of semen floating around on him and it's cheap now as he's still producing but there's not much demand. If you've seen one of his daughters, you've seen them all as they're all the same and they're all fantastic. They are also widely known to have great temperments and great components... Perfect for a home dairy. :nod:

Bishop I'd wish every mom and dad would get their child a calf they thought had a chance at winning the state fair. To do otherwise is a waste of time and money and not fair to the child. As for busting someone's bubble...I think everybody appreciates a straight forward assessment of an animal. You might not but then you like Corrientes too. Maybe they can teach you some spanish. I'll help you out...corriente means "trash". Not to "bust your bubble" but maybe you should just work on your English. :mrgreen:[/quote][/quote]Waste of time and money? How many kids do you see under 10 years old carrying cell phones,cussing in public,no respect for anybody,talk to their parents like their a piece of sh.t?Those kids showing a rabbit getting 6th place should be very thankful and appreciative of what life their parents have showed them.Not fair to the child ?bs, Plenty of kids in the world would love to have a dog or cat.TB How many kids at the state fair or county fair do you think win first place? They cant all win first like you.We cant all be champions like you TB.p.s. i do like corrientes. Am i going to prison for that.TB why do you bring up corrientes it has nothing to do with this topic?Just another way of making you look like a champion I guess.

ALACOWMAN":2ydo36rc said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp0Bt2cbcc8 :cowboy:
Alacowman I always thought you looked like Gus McCRAY on lonesome dove.Didnt Know you was hispanic.Is that some of them corrientes you bought a couple weeks back.Sorry to bust your bubble but thats a goat. I think its a billy so dont try and milk it.

Thanks cow pollinator. I wonder what the teat length is for him. I wouldn't mind if they were longer then this cow's. :nod:
Will have to contact my semen supplier and get some more info on him.

TexasBred":nsuut9ii said:
bishopcattleco TB you gave your opinion like he bought the cow to win the state fair.Busting peoples bubble is something you are very good at.This to is all just my opinion."comprende"I do live in America but I donk speak there spanish language.

Bishop I'd wish every mom and dad would get their child a calf they thought had a chance at winning the state fair. To do otherwise is a waste of time and money and not fair to the child. As for busting someone's bubble...I think everybody appreciates a straight forward assessment of an animal.

correct me if I'm wrong, but an assessment was not requested, straightforward or not. This was a post by a proud pop sharing pictures of a new calf...and it happens to be an excited child's new project that will help teach them responsibility, which is the REAL benefit of 4H projects, not winning the world. It's also teaches values, concern for others, and hard work. If they win the world, great...but in the end, that's simply a minor benefit of a 4H project.

I luv herfords, I think the calf is a perfect project for you and your kid to work with together... It should be a lot of fun..!!! :clap:

Gators Rule":88dl7mpu said:
TexasBred":88dl7mpu said:

Bishop I'd wish every mom and dad would get their child a calf they thought had a chance at winning the state fair. To do otherwise is a waste of time and money and not fair to the child. As for busting someone's bubble...I think everybody appreciates a straight forward assessment of an animal.

correct me if I'm wrong, but an assessment was not requested, straightforward or not. This was a post by a proud pop sharing pictures of a new calf...and it happens to be an excited child's new project that will help teach them responsibility, which is the REAL benefit of 4H projects, not winning the world. It's also teaches values, concern for others, and hard work. If they win the world, great...but in the end, that's simply a minor benefit of a 4H project.

I luv herfords, I think the calf is a perfect project for you and your kid to work with together... It should be a lot of fun..!!! :clap:
Gators I'm familiar with 4H...spent several years in it as well as FFA. I understand what it's all about. Winning is not everything but having the opportunity is. As I said in another post "it will work for 4H". It won't be a winner but hopefully the child will. But my comments were about the cow anyway. ;-)

bishopcattleco":1fos829w said:
ALACOWMAN":1fos829w said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp0Bt2cbcc8 :cowboy:
Alacowman I always thought you looked like Gus McCRAY on lonesome dove.Didnt Know you was hispanic.Is that some of them corrientes you bought a couple weeks back.Sorry to bust your bubble but thats a goat. I think its a billy so dont try and milk it.
so you think i look like a carefree, whisky drinkin' woman stealer huh ?......................... thanks :cowboy:

Here she is all dried off.
IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6091.jpg

IMG_6087.jpg

So funny yesterday. The wind was howling and we left the door open to the barn. Buttercup was outside and did not know what to think about that wind. She was jumping, bucking and at one point was standing on her hind legs. She went running back into the barn and would not come back out.
Both had been locked inside the barn for a few days except for being let out twice a day for water. Just too cold, we were worried about them.

Here's our milking machine.
IMG_6092.jpg

Bucket
IMG_6093.jpg

Milking away
IMG_6095.jpg

Latest posts