Weird

Help Support CattleToday:

We've had plenty of rain all summer. There is a branch that runs near the house that we can always expect to go dry during the summer even during a normal year, but it has had water all summer this year.

We've had a few days in the 90s, but it's been 80s for a while now, and there were a few overnight temps in the 50s during July.

Rain (actual or wrongly forecasted) all summer. Just finally got a little hay in the barn yesterday and today (1st cutting). Still have 2/3 of it standing. :bang:

Weather now turning already. Have had sweatshirts on several times. Cooler than usual. We seem to be turning into Oregon, just with colder winters. Oh, except for the occasional drought when it's not flooding. In short, weather has often been more extreme the past few years, in one direction or another. And very very high winds. Wish I'd put up a wind turbine.

boondocks":39afp87s said:
Rain (actual or wrongly forecasted) all summer. Just finally got a little hay in the barn yesterday and today (1st cutting). Still have 2/3 of it standing. :bang:

Weather now turning already. Have had sweatshirts on several times. Cooler than usual. We seem to be turning into Oregon, just with colder winters. Oh, except for the occasional drought when it's not flooding. In short, weather has often been more extreme the past few years, in one direction or another. And very very high winds. Wish I'd put up a wind turbine.

Boondocks I can't tell anyone what to do but if I were you I would always have 2 years worth of hay at all times just for cases like this. I have enough hay to feed straight for 3 years. I do feed other alternative feeds too so probably could last 5 years. I hope you get your hay done

100 degree highs every day, got one day of 4" rain in the last 4 months. Cows don't go out to graze until 5 pm, come back at 10 am and rest all day, even the tiger stripe. This is heat stroke weather. Out laying fence last week, by 1pm the heat just drains you. Sometimes I throw ice in my hat and just let it melt on my head, and I always carry an ice chest with drinks on my ATV.

Latest posts