Weird accidents

Help Support CattleToday:

i am not posting on here anymore, everytime i post or read about something on here it happens to me. today i found a calf cast in the water trough and i dont think shes going to get up.

Okay,here goes: Had cow get caught in head gate backward when it was left in the catch position and she was being nosey that night.Cow stepped in glass jar and broke all but rim.Cow breathing hard -checked nostrel and found a weed stem about 4'' long stuck in there.Then, theres everyone's favorite when a cow jumps through a homemade chute and catches herself in front of the hips and behind the pelvis.Getting the bottom bolt out take patient cow and nerve.Then there is my all time favorite ..Stepping in a groundhog hole and faaling which pops the achilles tendon with surgery and 9 wks in a cast.Of course I can't forget walking into backhoe bucket while looking a the out riggers.The bucket IS NOT damaged

We found a hereford cow once, that had fallen head first into a septic tank and drowned in all the good stuff that is in a septic tank . . . she had twin calves on her, and lucky for them her back end was sticking out and they were still drinking from her a day or two after she died.

I had the little auger going one day putting lupins into drums from the bunker, and all of a sudden this brown snake jumps up out of the lupins. Anyway I screamed my head off, the snake comes towards me . . . but he got sucked up the auger instead. Now get this: I didnt think it was possible but the snake shot out the top of the auger - FULLY INTACT! Weird ay, I guess it was thin enough it just went round and round in the auger till it reached the top.

Latest posts