weight tapes

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I would like to know if anyone has used a horse weight tape to weigh their steers, I do not have a scale and they dont sell cattle weight tapes here where I live, they are jersey steers, and I found that the horse weight tape says 1 weighs 640 pounds but according to the inches measurement of the heart girth the steer weighs 575 pounds, but the heart girth measurement in inches was for a jersey heifer from a web site that had heart grith measurements for all breeds of heifers, is there that much difference in heart girth measurements in heifers and steers? if anyone knows a site that has a chart for dairy steers, I would really like to know thanks yvette

[email protected]

> I would like to know if anyone has
> used a horse weight tape to weigh
> their steers, I do not have a
> scale and they dont sell cattle
> weight tapes here where I live,
> they are jersey steers, and I
> found that the horse weight tape
> says 1 weighs 640 pounds but
> according to the inches
> measurement of the heart girth the
> steer weighs 575 pounds, but the
> heart girth measurement in inches
> was for a jersey heifer from a web
> site that had heart grith
> measurements for all breeds of
> heifers, is there that much
> difference in heart girth
> measurements in heifers and
> steers? if anyone knows a site
> that has a chart for dairy steers,
> I would really like to know thanks
> yvette Yvette, They do make tapes for cows.I asked my feed store owner to get some for me.

[email protected]

thank you, but some real nice lady from another board had a weight tape just for jerseys and she gave me all the measurement to weights by email...my steers left yesterday! thanks anyways. happy cowing yvette

[email protected]

We have used weight tapes on horses and cattle and have been pleased with their accuracy (with a little practice using them). Have been good enough measurements to administer de-wormers, etc. If anyone would like more information about them, please E-Mail me. Thanks, Bill.

[email protected]

> We have used weight tapes on
> horses and cattle and have been
> pleased with their accuracy (with
> a little practice using them).
> Have been good enough measurements
> to administer de-wormers, etc. If
> anyone would like more information
> about them, please E-Mail me.
> Thanks, Bill.

thank you, it is good to hear that the tape is close, according to the inches to weights on a jersey tape my big one weighed 707 but on the horse weight tape it said 793, I hope the horse tape is right, but I will know for sure when I get them back from the butcher...again thank you for your response..

[email protected]

> We have used weight tapes on
> horses and cattle and have been
> pleased with their accuracy (with
> a little practice using them).
> Have been good enough measurements
> to administer de-wormers, etc. If
> anyone would like more information
> about them, please E-Mail me.
> Thanks, Bill.

Bill, i would like to know where to get a weight tape and learn how to use it on beef cattle? my e-mail butchmosleyok.net

thank you

[email protected]

Latest posts