Weight Tapes

Help Support CattleToday:

travlnusa

Reaction score
How accurate are weight tapes. I know it will all depend on how well one is being used, but overall what is the opinion?

I place it around their body, tight up against the front legs, make sure it is strait around, and pull it snug.

I am mesauring Holstein steers. According to the tape, the range from 1050 to 950. Based on their age, the spread in weights is logical.

Your thoughts?

havn't used one in a while, but if i remember right on bulls & heifers they were close but on a steer they were usually too high. i might be wrong but you will know in a while i guess

i may be way out in left field with this one :shock: , but if i understood a conversation correctly the other day.. someone was talking about a weight tape for newborn calves... something about measuring around the hoof??

anyone know about this??

jt

There are different tapes for just about everything from pigs to fat cattle. Just need either the right tape to direct read it or table that shows what different measurements mean for different types of animals. The feed companys used to give them away, now I think they only sell them

dun