WEIGHT GAIN

Help Support CattleToday:

I do not understand your question. ADG (avg daily gain) can be anywhere from no gain to upwards of 7#. This is extreme. When you are growing cattle you can usually expect 1.5# to 3.5#. Steers on a feedlot and bulls on test that are being pushed can gain up to the 7# range (not common).
> WHAT IS THE DAILY AVERGAE WEIGHT
> GAIN FOR A BEEF STEER FROMM 350LBS
> UP TO 800 LBS?

Simme Valley.com
[email protected]

If I understand you corectly, you are trying to figure out how long it will take to grow a steer from 350 to 800 lb. As Jeanne pointed out there is a huge range depending on you animals and how you are feeding them and how cold it is. If you are planning to graze them (background)which I would guess you are doing with animals in this range, you can expect 2-2.5 lb/day from animals with good genetics on lush green wheat pasture, especially if they have been implanted. If you are thinking feedlotting them, even though 350 lb might be too small to feedlot on a hot ration, the best you could expect in this range would be 2-4 lb/day. When they reach 700-800 lb you can switch them to a high energy growing ration and get better ADG. The varience in ADG is a big reason that source verified cattle can command higher premiums as this variable is better defined.

[email protected]

Latest posts