Weigh Up

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks

Reaction score
Anyone else have experience with Angus sire Weigh Up? I know that others here (knowledgeable folk) have said that feet quality is 15% inheritable. We have a 28 mo with a front hoof that is looking pincer-like. Weigh Up is the sire. Dam and her non-Weigh-Up sired sibs have decent feet.
Anyone else noticed this with a Weigh Up offspring?

Pasture is muddy; think foot conformation may improve?

Thanks

Post the pedigree and or registration number of the offender and maybe something in the pedigree will tell us something.

jscunn":98i24g1q said:
Post the pedigree and or registration number of the offender and maybe something in the pedigree will tell us something.

Here he is, Plattemere Weigh-Up: http://www.selectsiresbeef.com/index.ph ... ge?bid=214

Not trying to bash him; I think he's been used a lot and generally well-liked. I'm just puzzled at the feet on this 2yo. Dam is going on 7 and has better feet.

I've got a heifer out of him from a group of AI bred cows I purchased and plan to use him myself this year on a group of commercial cows. Her feet look just fine. No issues at 19 months

mncowboy":1yafdl1r said:
I've got a heifer out of him from a group of AI bred cows I purchased and plan to use him myself this year on a group of commercial cows. Her feet look just fine. No issues at 19 months

Thanks! I'm really puzzled by this...some throwback genetics in there maybe...

boondocks":usuojwy3 said:
jscunn":usuojwy3 said:

Here he is, Plattemere Weigh-Up: http://www.selectsiresbeef.com/index.ph ... ge?bid=214

Not trying to bash him; I think he's been used a lot and generally well-liked. I'm just puzzled at the feet on this 2yo. Dam is going on 7 and has better feet.

Can you post you cows pedigree.

Been using him a few years on our commercial cows. Have some coming 4 year olds out of him and to date no real problems out if any of them.

Latest posts