weevils in wheat

Help Support CattleToday:

triple'S'

Reaction score
I've got about 160 bushels of wheat in the 40 bushel bags that was left over from last year. The weevils got in pretty bad. Its not to the flour state yet but most of the seed has holes bored into it. Do you think it would be safe to mix into some feed? What all would you mix with it? I don't really feed any of my cattle grain but I thought it might be nice to give them a few pounds to stretch the hay a little. If you don't think it would be a good idea, I'll just spread the wheat on some new ground and forget it. If it doesn't come up, no big loss. Thanks

Trip. Give it to the cows is most of it is weevil eaten. If they eat it, great :p If not you've lost nothing and I enough would come up to graze anyway.

Was this wheat that was to be used for seed? if it wasn't treated it would be fine to feed it , but if it was treated it shouldn't be fed.

It was just wheat that we pulled out of the bins and cleaned. So no, it wasn't treated. I just don't know how much to give them. Would 3-5 pounds a day hurt anything if they have free choice good hay?

Latest posts