Weeds cows eat

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef":3jc22vx4 said:
Texan":3jc22vx4 said:
Ooooooooh! I just had the neatest idea, Capn. What if I had that :eek: smilie made up on a tight pink t-shirt for myself? You think the guys out here might buy me drinks all night?
Don't forget them pink chinks you were sewing a while back!!!
And that bottle of pink bubble solution ya blow through that plastic wand. :lol:

Capt Call":19zvzj6u said:
This has been a very interesting thread to follow Mr. Lancemart.You have gotten the Caustic view from Mr. Burno, the know everything view from Mr.Texan, the know nothing view from Mr. Preston, the I'm lost view from Mr. 1848, and my view.
One thing about this board it has amusement value. Mr. Lancemart you need to remember this is a Internet chat board and you have no idea where posters are from. Mr. Burno might be in a high rise in New York, Mr. Preston in the St. Louis projects, Mr. Texan in a gay Internet bar in L.A., Mr 1848 just lost in the woods and no telling where I am at. The best advice I can give you is to get with local Ag extension agent.

Now its time to go back to lurking.

As Paul Harvey would say
Good Day
Dang, my Sweet Tea just came out of my nose. I needed that good laugh.Had to be one of the funniest replies I ever read. Texan, tell the Capn' where you really are.

My Longhorns are more browsers than graziers. The will eat Canadian thistle, teasle and love willow trees. My pastures are orchard grass and alfalfa, but they will always eat the flowers off the thistle and teasle first. I thought that it was unusual, but I borrowed an Angus bull and he eats the same as they do. I spray my pastures in March and hay them before pasturing and I don't have many problems with weeds.

Bobg

1848":1s6mqia9 said:
Capt Call":1s6mqia9 said:
As I stated earlier weeds do not exist, there are three phylum that consist of grasses, deciduous trees, and evergreen conifers.

Tomato: It exist as a fruit or vegtable? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Weeds do exist....along with cattle that eat them!!

a tomato is a fruit. so is an apple. basically what that means, and i'm trying hard to remember this from bio, is that when you eat an apple or tomato or something similar that has the seeds inside a fleshy part is is a fruit. the fleshy part that you eat is the ovary. aint that somethin? :lol: this is by definition of a biology text book and scientists.

dun":69nsak7z said:
A possibly interesting side note: Our cows eat cocklebur and pigweed after it's been sprayed and is seriously wilted, they won;t touch it while it's healthy. They seem to eat it about like some folks eat salad. As a side dish to the real meal.

dun

Agreed....buttercup is another one they will eat after it is wilted.Thw major weed problem I have is western ragweed, official name "lance leaf ragweed".Farmers here refer to it as "resin weed". ;-) :cboy:

ALACOWMAN":3gn0gx6d said:
I am a true New Englander and there is no place like home.[/quote i wish all yankees thought like this guy ;-)
I was in Alabama for a car show sometime back, and I liked it very much, but like I said I like where I am, maybe because I am accustomed to the area, and I make you happy because I stay up North. It's all the same, believe me. People are people, good and bad, no matter where you live.

Latest posts