weed problems and Clear Pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

motrav

Reaction score
I have a huge problem! KNAPWEED! The local co-op sold me Pasture Guard. $86.00 a gallon. I have been spraying it with 24D and getting mixed results. My question to the experts here is........... I will apply this with a hand sprayer (I know but poor folks have poor ways). Has anyone had a experience with this herbicide? How many ounces to a gallon of water? The literature that came with it is so varied and it has such a wide varience. I dont want to waste any of it but I certainly want it to be effective. Also I was thinking of mixing 24D with it. But what amounts? My pasture is Orchard grass, red and white clover.
What about Milestone?? Anybody tried this? What is the cost?
Thanks in advance.
[/b]

did you use a surfactant?

Most ag chemicals are not for use in hand sprayers. While I am not familar with Pasture Guard, does it have instructions for hand sprayers?

The people who sold it to you may have a service to spray for you.

Yes I did use a surfactant.
I have been digging alot of it early but it is getting ahead of me. The area I live in is not a heavily agriculture area. It is VERY rural and mostly Park Service, Conservation, or Pioneer Forest. Most all forest.
So not really alot of services around.
The chemical is Triclopyr BEE 61.6%

motrav":3o7qc13n said:

Interesting, that's what Remedy is. Do you buy it by the common name? If so, what is it. Hopefully it will be cheaper then Remedy, $112.00 a gallon

dun":1pynr5en said:
motrav":1pynr5en said:

Interesting, that's what Remedy is. Do you buy it by the common name? If so, what is it. Hopefully it will be cheaper then Remedy, $112.00 a gallon

$112 Yikes!

I can get Remedy locally for $83 and if I care to drive 50 miles I can get it for $78 from Helena Chemical. Supposedly the new formulation has brought the price down.

milesvb":1i9c26nu said:
dun":1i9c26nu said:
motrav":1i9c26nu said:

$112 Yikes!

I can get Remedy locally for $83 and if I care to drive 50 miles I can get it for $78 from Helena Chemical. Supposedly the new formulation has brought the price down.

Last year I was paying $78 a gallon I thought that was too high then. The 112 was last week.
I didn;t kno there was a different formulation. The labeled contents on some stuff I got 4 years ago, I kept the jug, has the same thing listed as the stuff I just got.

Dusty Britches":jjhzp08q said:
Most ag chemicals are not for use in hand sprayers. While I am not familar with Pasture Guard, does it have instructions for hand sprayers?

Why do you say that? We don't really use a wide variety of weed killers, but any that we do use - Glyphosphate, Banvel, Tordon, can't think right now what the 2-4D is called - all have instructions for hand sprayers. I've also done some research on Cimarron, and another one whose name escapes me at the moment, and I'm pretty sure they had instructions for hand sprayers, too. I'm confused. Would you mind explaining? Thanks!

I bought some Remedy and paid 86 per gallon.
Did you buy it a MFA?
I didn't price them, as they always seem to be higher here.

I bought some Remedy and paid 86 per gallon.
Did you buy it a MFA?
I didn't price them, as they always seem to be higher here.

It is called clear pasture. It is from Control Solutions. I bought it at MFA in Birch Tree.
So......... Anybody have any ideas of how to mix it in small batches. I hate to waste it. Not enough is as bad as too much.

dun":38opuaes said:
milesvb":38opuaes said:
dun":38opuaes said:
motrav":38opuaes said:

$112 Yikes!

Last year I was paying $78 a gallon I thought that was too high then. The 112 was last week.
I didn;t kno there was a different formulation. The labeled contents on some stuff I got 4 years ago, I kept the jug, has the same thing listed as the stuff I just got.

This is the new stuff http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld7NR000.pdf . Pretty similar percentage of triclopyr but there is very little odor.

I mix one oz of Remedy with 4 oz of grazon in 2.5 Gal, It works well in a hand sprayer for me.

Latest posts