weed non sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

I have not used one like that,but I have used weed wipers. One was a purchased brand which was basically an enclosed pvc tube with holes in it that wicked the herbicide out onto carpet that brushed the weeds. Another style I used was a homemade rig much the same but it had rope wicking out of the pvc tube every 12-18 " and was wrapped around the tube and was mounted on my loader on the tractor so I could raise and lower it to the height of the weeds. With the right concentration of herbicide it worked very well.

I have never seen one of those before. But i would be interested in how much much the pull type and tractor type run. That seems to me more efficent but i would like to know if the price is efficent :|

Jalopy":3ozm5cnt said:
I have not used one like that,but I have used weed wipers. One was a purchased brand which was basically an enclosed pvc tube with holes in it that wicked the herbicide out onto carpet that brushed the weeds. Another style I used was a homemade rig much the same but it had rope wicking out of the pvc tube every 12-18 " and was wrapped around the tube and was mounted on my loader on the tractor so I could raise and lower it to the height of the weeds. With the right concentration of herbicide it worked very well.

I bought one from a rancher in town that builds them with the rope wicks. It works really well for weeds that are taller than your grass.

Thanks for the input. SFFarms I haven't contacted them so I can't help you with pricing. Feel free to do so and let us know what you find out. :D