Weed Killer Salesman

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I was just wondering if any of you other folks have gotten calls similar to this. This guy calls about every two to three months from some company called ClearView named Tom Randall selling weed killer. I don't know how many times I've told this guy to quit calling me. He's called so much that I recognize his voice before he goes into his little spill and he always says that I send in cards requesting info. Glad I'm not a telemarketer.

[email protected]

I am speaking here as a former telemarketer.

If you tell the telemarketer to remove you from the list, and they call you again, you can report it to the FCC. It is illegal for them to call you again after such a request is made and if found guilty, the company will be fined $10,000.

Make notes of when you requested to be removed from the list, or better yet, record the conversation -- it's admissable. Also, as his defence he would have to produce these cards that he claims you are sending in.

Also, it usually helps to let the telemarketer know that you are aware of this law.

Ann B

> I was just wondering if any of you
> other folks have gotten calls
> similar to this. This guy calls
> about every two to three months
> from some company called ClearView
> named Tom Randall selling weed
> killer. I don't know how many
> times I've told this guy to quit
> calling me. He's called so much
> that I recognize his voice before
> he goes into his little spill and
> he always says that I send in
> cards requesting info. Glad I'm
> not a telemarketer.

[email protected]

We get those guys every few months, too. They call just about sunrise. And they are not very nice. We've talked to law enforcement and they say it's a "floating" scam. They move around the country and set up shop so it's pretty tough to catch them. They don't pay any attention to "no call" lists. They've been calling for years and we've never bought anything; you'd think they would give up at some point.

> I was just wondering if any of you
> other folks have gotten calls
> similar to this. This guy calls
> about every two to three months
> from some company called ClearView
> named Tom Randall selling weed
> killer. I don't know how many
> times I've told this guy to quit
> calling me. He's called so much
> that I recognize his voice before
> he goes into his little spill and
> he always says that I send in